Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: 1st gen protege, preferably owner financed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: 1st gen protege, preferably owner financed..

Well I'm sure EVERYONE knows I'm doing an engine swap this summer, which means the car will be outta commission for a while.

My mother wants another 1st gen ( ), and if possible, pay it out in monthly installments..

If anyone is willing to do this, let me know.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
    91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
    95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
    96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
    90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
    98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

nothing personal, but you seriously think someone is going to trust you to pay for the car in chunks?
    TheMAN
    '01 BJFP MT
    '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
    No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
    It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
    -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
    -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
    -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
    No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

It's worth a try. I'm not expecting to get the car until it's paid off though

92 Protege DX - Sold.
      91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
      95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
      96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
      90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
      98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Originally posted by txkprotege
        It's worth a try. I'm not expecting to get the car until it's paid off though
        1st gen's are cheap, you could probably get an unsecured personal loan from your bank and get one. Pay it back quick and the interest won't hurt you much. Most people, when they decide to sell their car, just want it gone... they have something else in mind for the money and they don't want the car sitting around for months as somebody pays them little by little.
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

unsecured personal loans are extremely hard to get a hold of with little or no credit history.. and besides, on a 1500 dollar, unsecured (NON-equity) loan, you'll end up with something outrageous like 20% APR and on up on the money you borrow. and owner financing and waiting till the full amount is paid before recieving the car? thats ****in retarded. what if the car is a daily driver.. and by the time the car is sold.. the engine's dead.. trans goes bad? wouldn't it have served you just as much justice to open a savings account? i mean, really.. a savings account is free.. and if you shop right, you can find one with no minimum balance. the point of this thread is retarded and highly misguided. bro, just save your f'in money until you can afford to buy another protege.. eitherwise you're just asking for a world of **** and a world of problems.
          kevin
          p.s. also.. if you're not expecting delivery of the car until your finished making payments on the vehicle, then you can afford to wait and save your dough.

Comment

I got an unsecured loan for 2500 a couple weeks ago. I have no credit at all. I'm friends with the guy that works at the bank though, so I guess that kinda helped. I still haven't used it yet. I'm 18.

I'm selling my 1991 Pro LX and keeping with my DX for the better gas mileage. I think i've already got a buyer though.

Comment

being friends with someone at a bank usually does jack for you.. i mean, congrats on getting the loan.. but make your payments count or even the most unworthy credit lenders will bark down your throat. what kind of a payment plan/interest rate did the bank set you up with? just curious
              kevin

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X