Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strut Question -- compatibility to MX6 (93-97)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut Question -- compatibility to MX6 (93-97)

Hi,
    I am sorry if this is lame of me but....
    On the mx6.com and Probetalk.com forums.... there has been some talk of full coilover suspension kits working on a ProbeGT or mx6. This is possible due to the fact that the protege shares the same spindle/hub where the strut bolts to. So... I got to thinking that it might be possible to swap a set of OEM or even aftermarket struts and lowering springs from a protege. I know many of you will say that the lowering springs will have the incorrect spring rates, but I have already did my research in that area. And that why not just buy a set of lowering springs and struts made to fit my car.... however there are many more quality companies that manufacture lowering springs for the protege than for the probe/mx6.

What I am asking of someone, is that you could please take a measurement from the base of the strut (where it bolts to the spindle) to the springs perch. for the front and rear struts. I plan to compare this measurement to the PGT/MX6 to ensure that the ride height may not be drastically changed, whether it be increased or decreased.

I know there must be a suspension GURU out there can has a set of struts/springs laying around that will be able to help me out.

Thanks
Working...
X