eDead purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eDead purchase

So i'm gonna buy some eDead for my car (equivalent to Dynamat, but i heard it's better)
    since i'm making a fair sized order from eD, i'm going to get some of this too..
    how much would I need to do my trunk? it rattles alot with my QX104, i know it'll rattle ALOT with a e12K.44

2001 pro lx2.0

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

if you are going to do your entire trunk,(trunk lid, floor, walls, rear deck) then i would say get 60 sq ft. this should be plenty and it will give you extra to put around your speakers in the doors and stuff.
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

The rattling is coming from the rear deck. I just removed mine and it stopped. I know it's not all that practical to drive around with out the back panel, but it will have to do for now. I plan on doing just the rear deck area and that is all. I am sure that the more you put down the better (as far as the entire trunk). You'll be sure and eliminate any vibrations that way.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

i've got most of my trunk dynamatted, and it didn't make much of a difference the rear quarterpanels still flex, the trunk lid still vibrates like hell, and the heat shield above the exhaust still has to be bent out of the way every so often you need to find out where it is rattling. if it's the rear deck, the best way to get rid of the rattle is to get rid of the deck:p: i haven't had one on for a few years now. once that was removed, it was a night and day difference in rattling.

Comment

i'm just starting to get 're-pissed' at my back dash rattle, it was dynamatted and everything, speakers mounted the way they should be, brake light with weather stripping.. just doesn't seem to want to cut me a break. i'm not too worried about it now, but i've decided i may just tear out my trunk lid torsion bars (as the dynamat rarely allows the trunk to stay open in the first place), the rear trunk vents have been sealed off (another cause of noise in some of our trunks), and the rear deck remounted, as well as tearing out the rear plastic trim around the opening when you fold the seats down, thats rattling like a banshee too . and i think just for the way that the trunks on the protege's are designed, doesn't allow for much flexibility as far as killing noise. 2 or 3 layers MIGHT kill 90% of my rattle, but at that, i'd have to carry around a wooden post or broom stick to hold my trunk up . there is only so much you can do. i mean, my POS is 65% better with the single layer of dynamat and the gutted trunk than it was stock, but it still rattles a bit. part of my problem is that after 10 years, the trunk lid gasket is falling apart and worn out, needing replacement sometime soon. at any rate, good luck bro.
          peace

Comment

Working...
          X