Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Fiberglass Sub Box (not 56K friendly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Fiberglass Sub Box (not 56K friendly)

So I just finished my 2nd fiberglass sub box. This one is super tyte, finished installin it yesterday and I'm very excited about the results. I got a few 'in-progress' pix that I'll post.

The car is a 94 Mercury Grand Marquis. It's my sister's car, she asked me to do a system for her, but she loved all her trunk space so I wanted to make it off to the side. The mold was made, glass laid to a bit over 1/4" thick (about 8 layers), 3/4" MDF face was cut, fitted, glassed into place, bondoed, top was made out of cloth, glassed to thickness, everything sanded, bondod, sanded, carpeted, wired, BOOM.
    Attached Files
    To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

The amp is a Concept 525watt max amp. The sub is a 12" JL W3V2. I must say, I am INCREDIBLY impressed at how it performs. Definately ranks as one of the best soundest systems i've ever heard as far as SQ and overall bang. No doubt the best I've ever personally made. My sister digs it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Don't think there's really much else for me to say. Sounds and looks pretty freakin awesome. And uh... took me almost 2 months total start to finish to make it around my school schedule and such.

Edit: Oh yea, and my #1 pet peeve for systems is exposed wires... so with the exception of 6 inches of power&ground wire, everything goes straight under the carpet and is hidden. Very clean.

Comment

looks good.

Comment

only thing i would suggest is when you're creating such an enclosure, that before you complete a project like this, you have a means to measure the internal volume of the final product and make sure what you're getting is going to be within a range specified for that specific subwoofer.. eitherwise it may end up sounding like total ass. but looks good none the less.
          kevin

Comment

Wow, awsome man. I might have to try my hand at that, that's pimp.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

u can fill a box like this with packing popcorn and then pack it until it won't take anymore and then take it all out and put it into containers (like gallon jugs or 2 liter bottles) that u know the volume of and figure out the air space. I got it right on, I just kind of have an eye for that sort of thing.

Comment

i prefer to use a cardboard box that is 12x12x12 easy way to measure 1 cu ft.

Comment

well technically that'd be 11.25"x11.25"x11.25" if ur usin 3/4" MDF.

and just cuz i'm insanely curiuos Blue, since ur my role model, wut's a DLS amp?

Comment

That's why he said he was using a CARDBOARD box.
                    01 ES, jokingly referred to as the Slotege.

Get off my headlight dim biatch. I like it that way. Soon, I'll have enough stuff to make the car shut down because I'll be drawing too much power. Then I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by 13r1an

and just cuz i'm insanely curiuos Blue, since ur my role model, wut's a DLS amp?

DLS is a sweedish audio company. their amps are made in taiwan, and i'm not sure about their speakers. the iridiums closely resemble morels, which are hand made in italy, but the DLS speakers are a bit cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by 13r1an

technically, the outter dimensions of a wooden box that was 1 cubic foot in size would be 12.75"x12.75"x12.75". and if blue is your role model.. i suggest hours of therapy, possibly a LONG vacation.. somewhere safe.. devoid of sharp objects and credit cards..
                        kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X