I need opinions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need opinions!

I'm still working on building my box for my 1 15" right now, and the question is throbbing in my head... Should I mount the sub ass up or down? My the cage for my sub look really badass and it even lists the stats and isht on it, but if I do that, then I won't be able to watch it move when it's hitting, and that's a guilty pleasure of mine. I took some pix to give u an idea of the depth and size and shape and such of the top and bottom.

I just need input! Should I go for looks while it pounds or looks while it sits?
    Attached Files
    To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Mount it right.
    01 ES, jokingly referred to as the Slotege.

Get off my headlight dim biatch. I like it that way. Soon, I'll have enough stuff to make the car shut down because I'll be drawing too much power. Then I'll be happy.

Comment

^^ what he said.. if it ain't got go.. what goods the show?

Comment

It sounds the same whether they're facing in our out as long as u reverse the wiring. It's just a matter of what looks cooler. But I'm leanin towards mountin it right, cuz I used to put pennies in the sub while my music was on pause and unpause it so it'd shoot them up. I'm a tard like that.

Comment

actually some SPL competitors have tested mounting subs both ways. you won't gain anything by inverting the sub, but some have lost up to 3 dB's from inverting the sub.

Comment

wouldn't that be due to just the change in air space in the box though? I can only assume that the competition subs take up around a cubic foot of airspace. And if you just flip flop from one to the other with the same box and not making any corrections, wouldn't the additional air reduce the dB?

Comment

these where guys that tested it out in their daily drivers. i just mentioned that they were competitors, so they have their own accurate meters inverting the sub would tune the enclosure a tad lower, but probably not enough to make a very noticable difference, in a ported environment.

Comment

Originally posted by 13r1an
                It sounds the same whether they're facing in our out as long as u reverse the wiring. It's just a matter of what looks cooler. But I'm leanin towards mountin it right, cuz I used to put pennies in the sub while my music was on pause and unpause it so it'd shoot them up. I'm a tard like that.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

well i for one had my 2 FUBR's mounted inverted in a sealed box. . looked cool (they look amost exactly the same as the mofo just that the basket is blue instead of black)

but they are soon to be replaced with some re 8's whenever they get here
                  2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                  Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
                  OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
                  Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
                  sun ground kit
                  5spd sunroof
                  Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
                  7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                  power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
                  6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

Working...
                  X