Cheap Lightning Audio Amps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Lightning Audio Amps....

I came across a great price on some Lightning Audio amps...
    these are their "LA" series which spec-wise appear to be repackaged Bolt series designs possibly...?
    I can get them for about 20 cents a watt

can anyone think of a reason I shouldn't pick up on a couple of these????

(I know they aren't Zapco or anything like that..but they seem like too good of a deal to pass up!)

cheap mother board. it'll work, for now, but don't expect them to last a long time.

Comment

short life......due to chinese electrolytic caps maybe????

(I have a small one i have had in use for almost a year now and haven't had a prob with it yet...but thought i would see if anyone else had some input on them

Any thoughts on cheap long life fun???
      (I need about 300 to 400 watts for 2 RE12's)
      Last edited by phatprotege; 02-26-2005, 09:15 PM.

Comment

short life due to thin circuit boards, cheaper components on the board, and lower quality soldering. they aren't bad, just nothing special. they get the job done for a good price.

or for a little more power:

Comment

Last time i saw him, my dad had 2 of the lightning audio 1000 watts powering subs in his porsche, they seemed to work good

I'll probably end up buying lightning unless I come across a better deal

92 Protege DX - Sold.
          91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
          95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
          96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
          90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
          98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Originally posted by txkprotege
            Last time i saw him, my dad had 2 of the lightning audio 1000 watts powering subs in his porsche, they seemed to work good

two brands: Funky Pups and Rockwood.. they're the only two brands you'll ever need for subs and amps

sad thing is, i think rob ended up buying a rockwood amp off etronics cause he was broke as piss.. ask him.. he should have some input.
            kevin

Comment

Originally posted by txkprotege

their higher end lines are great amps. we put 2 of them in my buddy's focus along with two of their convertible subs.

Comment

Working...
              X