Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't ANYONE know how to get the radio out of a 2nd generation Protege??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't ANYONE know how to get the radio out of a 2nd generation Protege??

I've looked everywhere and havent found a single answer!

Theres a picture of the thing here: http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/view...pt=bidpay&sp=1

Try taking the plastic that surrounds it first. It should be attached with clips. Just pull and it will come out. Then see what's holding the HU in place.

Comment

I tried taking the plastic off, and it seems impossible. I guess I cd headunit I bought and this box with 2 subs in it for nothing! AAHH

Comment

Ok, thanks alot! At least now I know what direction to go in. I'll go check out the console today.

Comment

Do us all a favor and post pics if you do find how to take it out.
          To help anyone who might ask in the future, you know?

Comment

Ok, i took off the plastic trim around the console there after removing the trim from around the e-brake and moving the trim around the shifter. It was an ass getting the screw out from the ashtray, but I did it. Now its just that little plastic around the front of the radio.. hmmmmmm

Comment

Ok, i pulled on the plastic around the radio and the front of the radio came off. I said "O **** what did i do, then i noticed that i had disengaged some little tabs in the radio. I then used 2 U shaped clotheshangers to push these little tabs, allowing me to pull out the radio. What a job

Comment

Post pictures, man.

Comment

Ok i will borrow my friend's digital camera and post pics

Comment

Intruder, you didn't do yours yourself?
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I didn't have to go through that process. I got my car used (as you already know) and it had an old Alpine deck already installed. When I wanted to upgrade the deck I got another Alpine because I knew that I would be able to unplug the old one, plug in the new one, and PLAY.

Comment

Working...
                      X