92 Protege DX - Sold.
    91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
    95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
    96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
    90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
    98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

sorry, hang on......

Ok, I'm crusing down the open road, about 10 over the limit, I'm on my way to work. all of the sudden I hear this scream come from behind me, my buddy who lives down the street is revving his motor at me, we get to the light where I turn to go to work, I turn right.....He follows! Holy Sh*t I think this fool wants to race my mazda, I don't have anything done to my car!
      Sweat starts dripping down my brow....then I turn my head and remember my interior is gutted, reducing the weight advantage he has by quite a few pounds.
      Then I went out on a limb.....I took a bet that this fool's 1.5 liter Vtec-e shouldn't stand a chance against my higher-displacement engine. I move over slightly within my lane, cruising down this two lane road.
      He took the bait, nudging his hatch in between me and the curb he downshifts to second gear, I don't bother downshifting, I was still in third, which was fine. He pulls on me until my RPMs start climbing higher, I start to pull, I'm ahead now, he shifts to third, misses it, which seals the deal, I blaze my hazards and sail into the parking lot at my work.

....Victory is mine.

Comment

lol keepin it short and sweet, no need to elaborate
        Joe H
        2000 Chevy Impala
        3400 3.4 Liter V6
        Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
        U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
        Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

haha, just giving the man what he wanted!

Comment

I think its a hilarious concept, drag racing in these little near-stock 4-cylinder FWD cars. they rock at like auto crossing and stuff, but unless you got lots of cash into the hood drag racing seems pointless, it is still fun to F-around with your buddies though

Comment

I hear ya on that one, and even a lot of cash isent gonna make them stand out very much
              Joe H
              2000 Chevy Impala
              3400 3.4 Liter V6
              Fun Times

Comment

I dunno, but with some of the 1.8 GTXs being able to hit 13s in the 1/4 miles ... it's nothing to laugh about.

Getting 200 whp out of a 1.8l 4 banger I think is a more impressive feat than getting 400whp out of a 5.0l v8

Sure, a biturbo Viper can have 1200ft-lbs of torque, but it's a monster of a car with a monster engine and it costs an arm and a leg to have that setup and run the car.

Comment

Well when you think about it.. my mustang came with 205 hp stock... so ive over doubled my HP output AND kept it all N/A... those GTX guys come with like 160 stock, just go up to 200, and call it a day
                  Joe H
                  2000 Chevy Impala
                  3400 3.4 Liter V6
                  Fun Times

Comment

now, one thing though bro, in a straight line, leave it to the V8s or the super-high-budget 4 bangers, but when it comes to turns, that's when a decently powered P'ge will shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe99Es
                      Well when you think about it.. my mustang came with 205 hp stock... so ive over doubled my HP output AND kept it all N/A... those GTX guys come with like 160 stock, just go up to 200, and call it a day
                      The only reason you've doubled the horsepower out of the ford v8 is because it was basically de-tuned (or just crappy) from the factory. 205 hp out of a 5 liter V8 is not impressive at all. 400 is what it should be at, from the factory.

But it's all good, still a hell of alot of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by my1gen
                        now, one thing though bro, in a straight line, leave it to the V8s or the super-high-budget 4 bangers, but when it comes to turns, that's when a decently powered P'ge will shine.

I dare you to try and say that to the corvette guys. Or the spitfire v8 swapped guys, or (insert most of the top competitors in any track type event) Just because it has a v8 dosent mean it cant turn. What about ferrari's with v12s, or wait...what about that new Ford GT.....
                        Eat ****.

Comment

did you see me saying that a P'ge will out-turn a corvette, ferrari or ford gt? Nope.

did you see me saying that V8s or 12s can't turn? Nope.

did you see me saying that a P'ge will shine in the corners? Yes.

IF you are going to race a FWD 4-banger, your better off road-racing or autocrossing then drag racing....now thats just my opinion.

as for V8s and turning I got to ride in a camaro during an autocross race, that driver was fantastic. he set the best time of the day, better then miatas and minis.

I don't doubt any cars handling ability. except for your mom's mini van.

Comment

joe99es,
                            yeah and you got a big ass engine(compared to 1.8L) to begin with, if you think about it.
                            Almost there

jdm tails... check
                            jdm bumper... check
                            ms lip... check
                            ms grill... check
                            ms sideskirts... check
                            ms rear skirts... check
                            ms spoiler... check
                            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

good reply to my mom....that was about as mature as a 4 yr old eating malt-o-meal. You know nothing about anything. If you think racing a fwd 4 cyl is stupid, you show your ignorance right there. I can name 10 within a 5 mile radius from my house, that will destroy 90% of the cars driving on the street. Enough with this arguing....
                              Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X