mp3 deck suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mp3 deck suggestions

since i get my license back in two weeks, and i don't really want to drive around with no music (my normal cd deck's face was destryed and it's about $80 for a new one), i've decided to get an mp3 head unit.
    it seems like it would be much more convenient and space saving, obviously...
    unfortunately, since i have a few other things going on with my car in the next 3 weeks, money is limited...
    i have about $150-200 (the less the better though) to spend on a deck (and would prefer to get it in a store somewhere, since i have an oportunity for free help this weekend)...
    i need sugestions for something worth the money..
    -i don't care if it reads ID3 tags... that would be nice, but filenames or parts of a filename are okay...
    -ability to skip between folders
    -removable face
    -output is not really an issue as my system is all stock... right now...

so anybody know of any good inexpensive units?

thanks for the help
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Nowadays you can get a lot in that price range. Other things though. Do you want high volt outputs (RCA outputs)? If so, then Alpine may be the closest to your budget that has that. JVC, Pioneer, and even Panasonic make nice units. I hear good things about Blaupunkt too. I would stay away from Sony from seeing others with problems with their units. Shop around like Crutchfield and SoundDomain, or better yet, the shops Blue listed offer competitive prices.
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Alpine doesnt make an MP3 playable deck thats in his price range.... and that comes with a warranty.... 9803 is in his range but only plays cdr/cdr/cdrw not mp3's and is 179..... the next one up is like 250 or something like that and it does play....

Or atleast I dont think so... im doin this off my head

Comment

I have a DEHp-740mp Pioneer Premier Headunit im selling. ITs in Brand new COndition. Ive used it, Awsome cond. Easy to use. 3 preouts for front, rear, and sub out puts. Remote. WMA/MP3/Cdr/rw readable. Very good Headunit. im goin for a kenwood when i get outta bootcamp. Send me $210 shipped to your door. Still in box, all manuals and everything included. Even has a faceplatecase, with detatchable faceplate.

MSRP is around 349.

AIM- Psxboy99
        Email Jhar344@icqmail.com. Im Located In Severna Park Md. and i can do Express Shipping if you want. Just contact me bro. Ill help u out. i got the wiring harness ill include too. so its basicallys just plug and play for you. I have a 94 protege.

Thanks
        Maroon 1995 Probe SE
        Beige 1994 Protege DX
        Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

though i can't find the specs on that headunit (you sure that is the right model number?) at $210 shipped, you're getting quality, mp3 capability, the capability to expand further, and the damn thing is going to last you. comes with a freakin remote too . is this sucker unused, or slightly used? heh.

oh, and asylum, my alpine 7894 has turned to the dogs, the tilting mechanism won't hold the face plate in steady to the point where it causes an infrenal rattle when the subs hit, and the paint has worn off of my preset buttons... but that alpine has been kickin the beats HARDCORE in my car for the past 5 or 6 months and doesn't matter what configuration, the alpine gives me 300 times more functionality than the old headunit i had.
          peace

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by demoninvictus
            [B]though i can't find the specs on that headunit (you sure that is the right model number?) at $210 shipped, you're getting quality, mp3 capability, the capability to expand further, and the damn thing is going to last you. comes with a freakin remote too . is this sucker unused, or slightly used? heh.

Slightly Used. Its Deh-p740mp made by Premier (above Pioneer). Very good cond. Just want a kenwood. my entire system is kenwood. and i just have a JL sub, cause they RULE. lol. But yes the Headunit is a Steal at $210 Shipped. Just tryin to help a broda out..ya kno?

and not a damn thing wrong with it
            Maroon 1995 Probe SE
            Beige 1994 Protege DX
            Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

damn :hits forehead:

that's a great offer, thanks, but i ended up geting the windshield replaced this weekend... my budget for a cd player just went down, now...
              i might just have to get a cheap wal-mart unit (hey, it'll go with the seat covers and all that crap) for awhile, until i have extra money for a real system...
              i have a bunch of old equipment from my old accord... someday i'll have a -real- system again, but right now i'm just concerned about even being able to have music...
              mp3 would be a nice plus...

again, thanks for the offer, i'd snatch it up in a second if i had the money right now...

...go wal-mart...
              justin
              Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
              installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

Who said anything bout WallyWorld Wal Mart? hmm Interesting.... Protegeparts at wally world? Damn this IS to good to be true.

LOL
                Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                Beige 1994 Protege DX
                Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

hey, u can get a 13bt swap at walmart for 167.98 on roll back according to str33t_rac3r

Comment

I just got in a Crutchfield catalog in the mail yesterday and Kenwood makes some relatively inexpensive MP3 players. They are not top of the line, but when I worked in a shop that sold Kenwood, we sold more of them than any other because they had more bang for your buck than any other manufacturer. I hear that the higher end Kenwood has problems with their displays nowadays according to 1st MP3 of NH, but he even says that the entry level ones are good for the money and as you move up, the fancier models tend to have problems especially in the face display category. I owned a Kenwood before my Alpine and it is a solid unit. The Alpine has a little bit better sound quality IMO than Kenwood. At the time when working at the stereo shop, you had to pay $100 more for Alpine for the extra quality, but since then they have gone down in price. Of course that was nearly 10 years ago. I guess my age is showing
                    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                    Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                    X