My 95 - 96 Clear Signal Lense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 95 - 96 Clear Signal Lense

well here it is. after weeks of labor this is how it turned out. this is the final product. i am just waiting for the silicone to dry completely before putting it on my car and will get another picture once installed. needless to say i still painted the housing gloss white and sprayed a clear coat on the back and the front of the clear lense. i am most pleased with the result i got from spraying the clear lense with clear paint. i dont think you will notice on the picture but it added a distinct shine on the clear lense plus in the future i can buff it if needed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by beetle_orange; 03-02-2005, 07:18 PM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

weeks of labor?lol
    mine only took me a day, plus another to dry. i didn't break the old amber lens either. but still looks good. looks just like mine.
    good job
    Last edited by 95pro; 03-02-2005, 04:14 PM.
    Almost there

jdm tails... check
    jdm bumper... check
    ms lip... check
    ms grill... check
    ms sideskirts... check
    ms rear skirts... check
    ms spoiler... check
    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

good job!
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

beetle,
        next toss those things in the oven and let the gray gooo get all warm, its a lot easier that way. i guess when it cools off the gray gooo isn't as tuff.
        Almost there

jdm tails... check
        jdm bumper... check
        ms lip... check
        ms grill... check
        ms sideskirts... check
        ms rear skirts... check
        ms spoiler... check
        ms struts... check

Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

awesome job man, so does anyone want to make a set for my car....? i generally suck at trying to do stuff like that. good job though.
          Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

Comment

Originally posted by 95pro
            beetle,
            next toss those things in the oven and let the gray gooo get all warm, its a lot easier that way. i guess when it cools off the gray gooo isn't as tuff.
            i will definitely try that once i do the passenger side. any idea how long and how hot i should keep it in the oven?

that dark gray glue was so tuff that when i was pulling the amber lense it cracked the housing about half an inch. honestly it crossed my mind to do that but was afraid i might permanently "disfigure" the housing.

well it didnt really take me "weeks of labor" to finish this but i guess what i really meant was it took me weeks to finish this cuz i could only work on it when i was off from work, hence it took me this long to finish just one side.

thanks for all the compliments guys.
            Last edited by beetle_orange; 03-02-2005, 07:16 PM.

Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Looks good
              VOTE FOR ME

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

here it is installed in my car. hope you guys like it as much as i did.
                Attached Files

Mods:

Comment

Looks great! P.s Is it legal? - I wonder if it's legal in New Zealand

Comment

as long as you have an amber bulb in the houseing they cant say much, because your signal is still amber.
                    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

it is legal. like what 00prodx said as long as you put amber bulbs. that is why if you look closely you will see the amber bulbs that i had put in. next for my pro is finish the other side and get the clear side markers on ebay for the front and rear bumpers. hopefully i will also get the clear signal lights (oblong on the fender) from a mazda 3.
                      Last edited by beetle_orange; 03-08-2005, 10:16 PM.

Mods:

Comment

for most states, up front, they allow white or amber light to be emitted. i believe both/either color is fine, but to be on the safe side go w/ amber anyway. no clue about new zeland though.
                        Almost there

jdm tails... check
                        jdm bumper... check
                        ms lip... check
                        ms grill... check
                        ms sideskirts... check
                        ms rear skirts... check
                        ms spoiler... check
                        ms struts... check

Comment

Looks real good. Sucks no one makes those clear.
                          ED
                          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

thanks for all the compliments, it really sucks no one makes them but hey if you want it you'll just have to do your best.

i got some good news and bad news. i tried 95Pro's suggestion of putting it in the oven. good news is the lense did come off quite easily and in one piece i should say but the bad news is it stayed a little longer than it should and like what i have feared in doing this the housing shrank a bit, more so on the bulb hole. what i did was i had to file the hole a bit to make it bigger again so the bulb socket can get in. hopefully soon i can get this done.

a freind of mine just gave me a great idea. this will come handy to those who are going to do this. try sourcing some bulb sockets from the yard and put it in so the hole wont warp.
                            Last edited by beetle_orange; 03-09-2005, 07:02 PM.

Mods:

Comment

good job bettle-o! beautiful!

heres another diy job by one of our members..havent gotten the time to interrogate him on how he did this though..

btw, gave up on those reverse indiglos for my ride..got the next best (or imo), the best for the gen 2 hehehe

check my cardomain for pics
                              ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

Working...
                              X