raamaudio ensolite VS. jute carpet padding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raamaudio ensolite VS. jute carpet padding

well, since the weather has been sucking around here and i haven't been able to work on my truck, i decided to finally do some testing on the ensolite i got from rick at raamaudio. i already had 1/2" thick 27 oz. jute carpet padding that i was using in my truck, but it was a pain to work with and is a bit thick to put under factory carpet. the ensolite is only 1/8" thick, so it'll fit under factory carpet much better. plus it's easier to work with.

here's the jute padding i have:

here's a link to raamaudio:
    Looking to buy Nandrolone phenylpropionate? Stay safe and avoid scams! Discover reliable sources and safe cycle options. Don't fall for unsafe sources.

the jute padding is a little less than ensolite, but it's not worth the savings for the hassle of installing it. and when you figure that ensolite is 54" wide, where as the jute is only 36" wide, the difference is actually quite small. course given that ensolite can be doubled up and still be half the thickness of the jute, you have the option of using 2 layers.

while i was hoping to do some road tests comparing the 2, it's been cold and rainy, so that didn't happen. i don't mind cold, and i don't mind rainy, but i hate the two together. so i did some testing with my home speakers. testing was done with sine waves at 100, 500, and 1,000 hz. i kept the volume levels between 60 and 75 dB's.

100 hz:
    nothing = 67 dB
    jute = 64 dB
    ensolite = 65 dB
    2 layers of ensolite = 63 dB

500 hz:
    nothing = 67 dB
    jute = 65 dB
    ensolite = 65 dB
    2 layers of ensolite = 63 dB

1,000 hz:
    nothing = 68 dB
    jute = 66 dB
    ensolite = 66 dB
    2 layers of ensolite = 64 dB

measurements where taken with a radio shack SPL meter, so they are not that precise, but you get the idea. a single layer of ensolite worked close to as good and as good as jute carpet padding that is 4 times thicker. 2 layers is even better.

my plans are to use ensolite under the carpet, and as everywhere else i can. then i'm going to use the jute carpet padding to fill lager voids where i have extra room behind panels.

i highly recomend using ensolite and raammat BXT. both are top knotch products at great prices. plus rick is the best business man i have ever delt with. try his products and you will be more than satisfied with their performance.

very interesting results...

why are you gonna use the jute with the ensolite in larger voids? wht not just use extra ensolite since it seems to work better?

(I would assume cost, but come on brian, AA hasnt worked for you and probably never will .)
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i'm gonna use the jute since i have a few extra yards of it if i was planning on ordering a bunch more ensolite i would use it to fill the voids, but i have enough to do what i need to do, and the jute will serve a purpose in the voids.

Comment

Working...
      X