Please Help Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help Me

I need some help or input here please, alright heres the deal my suspension is ****! its so rough and when i hit small or big bumps it makes a loud thump sound is this my struts? and where can i get some good ones for cheap and also im wanting to lower my car so what springs should i get? im wanting soem sprint or arospeed springs but dunno which is better, but first of all before i do this i need to find out whats causing it to sound like that

there was just a thread about struts and i thought i'd show you a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

could be any of alot of loose suspension making that noise. As for suspension for second gen, I think the consensus sprint springs...Im not sure about struts.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

95proleila has H&r springs and kyb gr2 oem replacments.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

yeh im leaning towards sprint springs, and about the noise i really dunno how to explain it just seems like a thump everytime i go over any size bump,pothole, etc and its just the front (and the sound seemed like it was coming from the driverside in the front but now i can here it coming from both)

didint even think about the kyb gr-2 struts, thanks fro giving me the link beetle

Comment

Like i said, could be anything. I had the same thump and it was a strut. Could be a busted endlink causeing the stablizer bar to slap something could be something else loose under there. The only sure way to tell is to take it to your little base hobby shop, get it on a lift, get the suspension relaxed and start tugging on stuff.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

yeh i havent driven it much for awhile because of my arm bein fugged up, but today was the first day ive driven it in like 1 week and noticed it, but my suspension is horrible so im thinkin it is just the struts

Comment

If possible, get under your car, and take a good look around. If you think your struts are gone, you can check visually, by looking through the wheel well, and to see whether they are leaking... its pretty obvious and very messy. You can also push down on each corner of the car, and you should listen, as you press down, for air leaking out. But like others said, anything loose can make a loud thumping noise.

Goodluck.
                "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

just get mazdaspeed struts.
                  Almost there

jdm tails... check
                  jdm bumper... check
                  ms lip... check
                  ms grill... check
                  ms sideskirts... check
                  ms rear skirts... check
                  ms spoiler... check
                  ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                  Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

yeah... if he wants to pay hundreds of dollars...... each.
                    Ask me about engine management!

Comment

get kyb gr2's

they're good, an they're cheap

Comment

yeh fuk the mazdaspeed, they are outragously expensive!

im thinking about the kyb gr2's but i dunno.

it wouldint really fuk up the car if i just got some stock ones from autozone and then got some sprint springs?

Comment

gr2's would be better, and arent really that much more expensive
                          if the cars gonna be lowered, do it right

Comment

the sprint springs wouldn't fuk up the car, they fuk up those struts from autozone. ATLEAST get thy kyb gr2's, they're a good oem replacement, if not better. oem struts are actually tokico btw, and don't really hold up too well when it comes to lowering. atleast that's what the dealer sold to me a long time ago. right now i'm runnin on mazdaspeed's, they work really well too, but expensive.
                            Almost there

jdm tails... check
                            jdm bumper... check
                            ms lip... check
                            ms grill... check
                            ms sideskirts... check
                            ms rear skirts... check
                            ms spoiler... check
                            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 95pro
                              the sprint springs wouldn't fuk up the car, they fuk up those struts from autozone. ATLEAST get thy kyb gr2's, they're a good oem replacement, if not better. oem struts are actually tokico btw, and don't really hold up too well when it comes to lowering. atleast that's what the dealer sold to me a long time ago. right now i'm runnin on mazdaspeed's, they work really well too, but expensive.
                              can you adjust them while they're in the car?
                              did you get them from corksport?

Comment

Working...
                              X