ProSolo Results Fontana March 4-6, 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProSolo Results Fontana March 4-6, 2005

My first National event...was quite different than our regular events, aside from the fact it was a different format than a regular Solo2 event, it was AWESOME!!!!

ProSolo has a drag race start with a light tree and all. Reaction times and 60ft times were announced...no idea what my 60ft times where, but my reaction times were ok i guess, best was a .624 worst was a .844... now factor in the fact i COULD NOT keep the damn CRX in gear when launching...it would always pop out of gear...VERY frustrating. I'd lose like 2 secs ****ing with the tranny back into gear. Even when i held it in gear, it popped out. So i had to granny launch it. Still smoked a vette on one run

Anyway, my times were prtty good compared to national champs in Z06's and TT RX7's. I was only 1.4 or 1.5 secs behind Gary Thomason (his best vs my best) and only 3secs back overall. (In ProSolo you run mirror course back to back and they combine your best left side and best right side)

I did get picked forthe bonus challenge, i was up against a Vette...green light goes and were off, i get the best launch i had all weekend and pull the vette all the way down the straight (ya i was suprised too) then as i hit the first right hander kink, i had way more speed than before, and it broke loose, i drifted outside of the gate to a DNF, but was still only 1/10th behind the vette...but that was it, i was out, the vette advanced...i was EXTREMELY upset at myself...cause if hadn't of messed up, i would have advanced, cause i knew i could beat the vette...oh well, next time i guess.

here's the SM2 results (I did manage to beat TC Kline, not sure if he's a past champ, but i was told he was a contender...he must of had an off weekend

all the results can be found at www.scca.org under the prosolo section.

The green box is my left side runs and the blue box are my right side runs.
    Attached Files

Good stuff!

Comment

about time you showed up

TC is a great driver, but I don't think a 330ci BMW is exactly the SM2 choice I'd pick
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

lol, well, neither is a CRX

although, with some engine work and some much needed camber, it could actually be competitive.

oh BTW, love the V710's

Comment

awesome dood. Sux about the missing the gate against the vette.

congrats.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Didn't think a new thread was warranted, since these are from the same event. Some pics of the CRX and a few of the Pro. It's been a while since i brought the Pro to the track, so i let it sniff the cones and rub tires with the other cars
            Attached Files

Comment

nice. Looks good.

Is that the vette you had to compete against?

Comment

nah, not that vette....but similar Z06's.

Comment

nice.... I would be a little wary coming up against one of those in a competition......

Comment

David and Goliath

Comment

true I guess. Actually I would love to come up against someone that was supposed to have the favor against me... more of a challenge, and if I won I would be sh*tting my pants.

Comment

lol

infact, i truely beleive the CRX could develope an appetite for Z06's. Jed plans to up the power, down the weight and do some suspenion work. It's not really that far off as is, but with another 35whp and some susp. tweeks, it'll be a contender.

The Protege is another story...that's gonna require alot of susp tuning to get it up to par. But the extra power it'll have will be a welcomed challenge to put it all down to the ground

Comment

Seeing the v6 compete will be schweet.

Better get a vid of that or alot of pics......

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                            about time you showed up

TC is a great driver, but I don't think a 330ci BMW is exactly the SM2 choice I'd pick
                            TC is a past National Champion in ES (I had to race against him back then). The BMW is the DSP car that Bimmerhaus developed, so, yeah, it isn't much of an SM2 car (too heavy and not enough HP, among others).

And TC didn't take any Saturday afternoon runs, or get any clean runs on the right side. Take out the cones, and he moves up to 6th.

But, you still beat him, so good work there.
                            David Avard
                            '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
                            '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
                            '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

yup, a win is a win

Hey David, do you find the Civic is easier to drive than the Protege? By this i mean, it seems the Civic needs less input, seems like the you have to man handle the Protege more....which i kinda miss

what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X