95-96 / 97-98 shocks/struts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95-96 / 97-98 shocks/struts question

i have noticed people selling coilovers springs etc for 91-96 protege whats the difference between 95-96 and the 97-98 shocks or suspension setup?

to the best of my knowledge 90-94 is independent of 95-98
    and i also believe 95-96 is same as 97-98 suspension wise

Comment

The only difference I know of is that all 95 models (DX/LX/ES) had rear sway bars. From 96-98 only ES models had those. So the only difference between 95 DX/LX and 96-98 DX/LX rear struts are the welded tabs for the sway bar end links. However, if you get KYB struts, the tabs will be there in case you want to add a rear sway bar. Personally, I do not see a reason to get coilovers. If you do happen to find cheap ones, you can expect the quality of your ride be as low as the price. Also, it is not often when you can find a full coilover kit for our car. Most of the time is sold as an accesory addon to your stock struts, and this kit would not be a bolt on - your stock struts will require modifications. The best way to improve your ride is to get a set of KYB GR-2 struts, and a set of springs (H&R, Eibach, etc). The parts alone will cost you about $400, plus installation costs. So, figure out what you want to expect from your car, and make your decisions from there on. Goodluck.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

kyb-gr2 about the best struts for our cars? what about drop height how low should i go..... (body kit plans in furture) dont want to scrap the heck outta the car everytime i go somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by psycotic
          kyb-gr2 about the best struts for our cars? what about drop height how low should i go..... (body kit plans in furture) dont want to scrap the heck outta the car everytime i go somewhere
          this is 1.7 inchs
          i think its too low for someone with a body kit, or in a place with a winter season....
          Attached Files

Comment

+1 for GR-2's

pics of the H&R kit on my cardomain

a lot of times vendors will have the years wrong and mark stuff 91-95 or 96, when they really mean 91-94 and just dont know it

Comment

Working...
            X