Springs and Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs and Shocks

Hello, I'm currently using a set of Jamex 30mm springs.
    Apprently the shop gave me the wrong set of springs...coz I was asking for a 60mm kit, but they're not gona change it coz I've used it for quite long.

I want my car to be lower than now and dun wanna change another set of springs.
    So they suggest to modify the 30mm Jamex springs and shorten the shocks of my car.

Will this be bad for my springs and shocks?
    Do you think I shuold do what they suggest or not? Because I can do it for free.

thanks
    ~ZoOm ZoOm~

are the shocks on your car aftermarket for lowered springs? If so you could always cut a coil off of your springs. This however will affect the ride of you car.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

nar...my shocks are stock and my springs are Jamex (aftermarket)~~

if they shorten my stock shocks...will it kill my shocks?
      ~ZoOm ZoOm~

Comment

If you put lowering spring on stock stuts, yes you will eventually kill your struts. If you really want to lower your car the correct way. sell your current springs, buy the correct ones and then buy struts meant for lowered cars.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

heres a good thread to read, where my ideas were changed

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...s+stock+struts

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

thanks
            I read the threads...very very good
            but I'm living in new zealand, not much parts for my car...and it costs quite alot to import><
            ~ZoOm ZoOm~

Comment

30mm is pretty mild . . . could probably go with oem replacement or slightly upgraded oem-style struts.

Comment

i think SPAX do 60mm lowering springs

Comment

Working...
                X