make Halo run faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make Halo run faster?

anyone know how to make halo run faster ?

my computer is an
    AMD XP Barton 2.2GHz
    1GB ram pc3200
    Nvidia FX5600 256MB ram

and it runs like a dog even in 640x480 mode

i have everything in windows display properties set to max performance and i have AA and stuff turned off

i even have the shader thingy set (halo.exe -use11)

still runs like crap WTF! i have some other games installed and they run so smooth.. they get like 100FPS but halo just licks my nut sack

Re: make Halo run faster?

Originally posted by pr5owner
    anyone know how to make halo run faster ?

my computer is an
    AMD XP Barton 2.2GHz
    1GB ram pc3200
    Nvidia FX5600 256MB ram

and it runs like a dog even in 640x480 mode

i have everything in windows display properties set to max performance and i have AA and stuff turned off

i even have the shader thingy set (halo.exe -use11)

still runs like crap WTF! i have some other games installed and they run so smooth.. they get like 100FPS but halo just licks my nut sack
    Do you have all the newest drivers for your video card?
    My OLD Car

Comment

Wow, that's a sweet setup you have there. Yea, sounds like it's running in software mode. Get the latest nVidia detonator drivers, and then setup halo to run with direct3d (I'm assuming that's what they'll render in)

That HAS to be it, there's no way a video card like that couldn't run it in 640x480.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Do you have the Halo full retail or the leaked beta release? I know the leaked beta version had a few video problems.
        2002 Ford Focus ZX3
        1987 Mazda 323
        1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

i have retail version for PC...

anyways... already had latest version for drivers and dx9b and stuff.. turned dx mipmap settings down all the way in windows display properties.. turned everything down outside game and turned everything up inside the game.. now it looks okay LOL WTF!

Comment

the game should have stayed on the XBOX
            <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
            AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Working...
            X