• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1993 Ford Probe SE

Car: 1993 Ford Probe SE
    Drive train: 2.0L I4, 4spd Automatic Tranny
    Color: Electric Red Paint, Black Interior
    Miles: 96,XXX
    Options: PW, PL, PM, moonroof, heated mirrors, ground effects kit, premium stereo, Pop-up light button (lights go up but dont come on), rear defrost, A/C blows cold, Theatre lighting, probably more, update later, it has a lot of options...

The Good:
    Car runs and drives flawlessly, starts every time on the first crank, never hesitates, does not burn or leak any fluids whatsoever aside from a very small coolant leak (explained below), has many options which make the car a lot more livable to drive, like auto-down windows on all doors, has many new front suspension parts, when i bought it the control arm bushings were bad and it would not hold an alignment, so i replaced both control arms, came with brand new pressed in bushings, brand new pressed in balljoints, and i also made custom sway bar endlinks, also replaced is the passenger side inner tie rod, both outter tie-rods, aligned afterwards, 2 brand new axles, and a complete tranny flush with fresh fluid, all parts replaced within 1000-1500 miles, Paint is in exceptionally good condition, only a couple minor dents and dings, parking lot type deal, unnoticable for the most part, and there is virtually no rust on the entire car, only place i found it was in the rear behind the license plate, which is the most common area for rust on probes, the rest of the car is solid as can be with not even a hint of surface rust, Car currently has stock GT chrome swirlies (desirable probe rim, very attractive) with good rubber, also included are stock SE rims which also have good rubber, also included would be the subs and amp i currently have installed, 2 12" 400W Pioneers with an alpine amp, they hit very hard, would come with the stock CD player as i have other uses for my JVC Headunit, other things that can be included are a large number of parts that i have collected over the years, 95 GT bumpers, 95 tail lights w/ Center reflector, power driver seat (i am pretty sure the SE doesn't have a power seat, but it might), and many other things, also i might be getting an mtx 2.0L pretty soon so a complete atx->mtx kit might also be included if interested, prices can be negotiated later... there is probably more, but i'll add it later if i remember...

The Bad:
    It has a very small coolant leak, about once a week if not less i will notice a dollar bill size puddle under the front driver side of the car, not much and it is not very often, about once every 2 months i put a little fluid in just to top it off but it has never been low enough to actually be worried about anything, it is probably an easy fix but it has never bothered/alarmed me enough to actually take care of it, more than likely a loose hose, worst case scenario its a small crack in the radiator but i will have a replacement if that is the case, Also the hood is rio red, previous owner had a CF hood and wanted to keep it, so it got stuck with a mismatched hood, nothing wrong with it, just the wrong color, i might have it repainted before a sale is completed, and the last thing is a previous owner had an aluminum wing on the car, so there are holes in the hatch from where it was mounted, they are all filled with color matching bolts, but they are there, i have had no leaking problems but i was also thinking of getting this fixed, we'll see, at the very least i have already picked up a rattle can of color matched paint from dupont (IIRC), i could easily spray bomb it after some primer, or just include the can, either or doesn't matter to me....

All in all this is an exellent car, i am not selling because it is a bad car, or because i dont like it, i am selling because before i bought this car i wanted an AWD subaru (or maybe audi), and recently the AWD bug hit me again and a few good deals have fallen into my lap since, i am selling the car for what i deem it is worth, and what it is worth to me to get rid of it, Nadaguides priced the car out at just over 2500 and that is around what i am looking to get for it as it is stated in this post, obviously if you want more of the items i have listed (aside from the ones i said already come with the car, spare rims, stereo) the price will fluctuate, i am reasonably open to offers but i'd also appreciate it if you kept in mind that i would really not mind keeping the car as it is very reliable, and has never treated me wrong, it is a very visually appealing vehicle with some decent pep to it, also it handles pretty well and has a nice sporty feeling to it, it is loaded with creature comforts so driving it is certainly anything but uncomfortable, it heats up fast in the winter, and the A/C blows ice cold in the summer...

with that said, price is set (not in stone) at $2500
    Pictures: www.cardomain.com/id/jhewse (rims in pictures are not included, but possibly could be worked into the negotiations if you are so interested, more recent pictures will be up soon)

[edit]updated this page, more info, organized much better, if you have any questions please email for fastest results, thank you[/edit]
    Last edited by JHew84; 03-14-2005, 09:54 PM.
    2003.5 Protege - Project Car
    1993 Probe SE - Daily Driver
Working...
X