Local audio shop pricks!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local audio shop pricks!!!!!

I brought my car in the other day, because every time I take my subs out, when I hook them back up, the speakers don't work for a couple of days. I don't see any corrolation to taking the subs out, b/c one thing has nothing to do with the other. So they take a look and ask who put in the head unit, which I replied I did. Oh, they said, well that may be the problem. I don't think so, I have put in plenty of head units in cars, 3 in mine alone. Then they started blaming it on the rear speakers, saying they were wired wrong, but they wired it, with the amp, and won't take responsibility. Well, they looked and looked and couldn't find the problem, and said bring it in for an appointment. So I went home and started looking on my own, taking off the door panels, channeling all the wires, and came to the conclusion that 1 and a half channels are blown on the amp. So I call them up and say forget about the appointment, what is the best price they can get me on a Rockford 301x. $239 the cheapest price, and that is b/c they know me. So I say I will think about it, yeah right. Went on ebay and got one for $140 shipped to my door, and now just have to wait for it. Until then, no music for me.........
    2000 DX, Blue
    Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
    2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

I never heard of a half of a channel blown on an amp. That is strange that the subs don't work until after a few days. Is your present system under warranty? I would have it checked in to. Lastly, if they installed it, they are responsible for it to work properly for life usually (if a shop is worth a ****). Otherwise, get your amp fixed under warranty if applicable and use it or sell it since you have another one coming in. Sorry about the news! I had no bass for weeks when my butyl surround seperated from the cone!
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Sorry, I didn't explain it clearly. When I hooked the subs back up the subs work, the interiors didn't. I heave never seen anything like this before. I had a 2-channel amp powering all 4, and only the left rear speaker works, thus the wording of 1 1/2 channels blowing. Don't know if that makes any sense but somehow it does to me. The amp isn't under warrenty anymore, it is old school rockford, maybe 4 years old? But the subs work fine, but I can't listen to just bass and no lyrics. And it sounds like **** when I put the vocals going into the subs, you know what I mean.....Oh well, hopefully it will come in either today or tomorrow. That would be super sweet so I can hook it up this weekend.
      2000 DX, Blue
      Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
      2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

I just got the tracking # in on my amp, and it is scheduled to be dropped off OCT.17th. One full week without music.....I think I am going to cry.....
        2000 DX, Blue

Comment

So it is a 4 channel amp with 2 channels working and the other two not (the ones running the highs). Be glad it is not like a SoundStream or something. I would ship those off and the customer had to wait for a month to a month and a half. (I live on the East Coast , SC, and SoundStream is on the West Coast, CA). Still sucks though, unless you run your highs off of your deck power. You won't have the volume, but at least you won't be completely out of music. Just a thought.

Groundkit

Comment

post what amp you have now, the speakers, the subs, how it is wired, if you can

Comment

ok. My RF 500 amp is powering the 2 10w3's, and plugged in one of the rca outputs on a pioneer premier deck. No probs there. The old amp was a 100.2 RF amp, about 4 years old, and the wires were spliced so that 1 channel went to the left speakers (the kenwoods in the front and the pioneer in the rear) and one channel to the right speakers. Doing this took away my front/rear adjustablilty on the equalizer. That ran into the rear of the head unit on another set of rca outputs. That is how it was, but when the new amp comes in, a 4-channel 301x RF amp, I am just gonna set each channel to a speaker. Hope this helps, when I get home later I will draw up an image and post it, if needed. Don't have time now since I am at work.
              2000 DX, Blue

Comment

something is definitely fishy. if the front and rears are bridged, then when the front goes out, the rear should go out also. the right side not working is odd. might have something to do with the RCA connections, speaker wire connections, or the internals of the amp. but only having one of the left side speakers going out leads me to believe that a wire is loose. check all that.

Comment

Off topic, but is that your Brahma sub in action Blue? Pretty tight avatar you got there!

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                    Off topic, but is that your Brahma sub in action Blue? Pretty tight avatar you got there!

nope, jacked it from someone that created a .gif file out of the brahma video

Comment

That thing is really moving!!! Wonder if his spider seperated too! That is probably an internal camera of your box before your sub went out. :p: Have you shipped it out yet?

Groundkit

Comment

could ohm loads have anything to do with it? i mean, i'm too lazy to look, but is the amp rated at running 2 -2ohm loads? eh, at any rate, thats pretty beat, i go to circuit city for most of my needs as it's close, i know the guy so the work is somewhat cheap, and the products aren't halfway bad. and aside from that, every audio shop around here has that noble clause to stand by their work. as long as you don't **** with their wiring, they honor all and every problem you could throw at them. and going out to buy a new version of the same amp??? bro, if you're a TRUE member of AA, you need to use this to your advantage and spend an additional 500 bucks you don't even have and get something bigger, louder and better .
                        peace and good luck

Comment

I didn't get the same amp, I had a 4 year old 100.2 Rockford amp. This new one is a 301x, an actual 4 channel amp, not a 2 channel.
                          2000 DX, Blue

Comment

Working...
                          X