o2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o2 sensor

well, my CEL has been on for a while, and when i took it to autozone it came up with the code for a bad second o2 sensor. i remember reading a while ago that you could use the o2 sensors from the 626's on the 3rd gen pros. is that correct? i've heard it saves like $40 doing it that way

hm never hear of that, but it might be possible, now i know mine has been bad for a while too, and it doesnt affect the drivability at all, is it even worth changing it right away??
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
      hm never hear of that, but it might be possible, now i know mine has been bad for a while too, and it doesnt affect the drivability at all, is it even worth changing it right away??

well, i can only assume that it's the o2 sensor that's causing my car to not idle right. it fluctuates, and i can hear my CAI make an odd noise, like the TB is opening to suck down more air, cause the idle is unstable. i'm going to autozone to have my computer scanned to make sure there are no other codes up. the reason why i think it's the o2 sensor is that it never happens when my car is cold, and the hotter the engine is the worse it idles almost like it's too hot, and malfunctioning and the ECU doen't care what the o2 sensor says for like the first 2 minutes to make sure it's warmed up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
        no, they're not the same part

if your car has over 80k on it, then its about the time when the O2 sensor dies

damn, oh well yeah, my car has like 88K miles on it any recomendations to get an o2 sensor for cheap?:p:

Comment

well, since i'm a cheap bastard, i decided to try this

it's supposed to eliminate the need for the 2nd o2 sensor for apps where the cat is removed, so you don't get the CEL. i figure for $21 it's worth a shot *if* i happen to remove my cat, or put on a high flow one, this will come in handy:p:

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
            well, since i'm a cheap bastard, i decided to try this

it's supposed to eliminate the need for the 2nd o2 sensor for apps where the cat is removed, so you don't get the CEL. i figure for $21 it's worth a shot *if* i happen to remove my cat, or put on a high flow one, this will come in handy:p:
            That's a good idea, although I drove around with a CEL for about 5-6 months in my MX-6, you get kinda used to it

But no more ghetto-mods for my new baby.
            03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege

MAM Built Block, Microtech EMS on the way

HiBoost FMIC--Greddy Profec-B SpecII--AWR Front Mount, RR-inserts in rear--Injen SRI--PLX Wideband

88 MX6 LX-Turbo - DEAD

Comment

Originally posted by 03MSP
              That's a good idea, although I drove around with a CEL for about 5-6 months in my MX-6, you get kinda used to it

But no more ghetto-mods for my new baby.

well, the part worked great no more ruff idling the CEL was off for the first time running it, and then after about 5 seconds the second time, it came back on, but i'm not worried about it, since it runs fine:p: i'd much rather spend $21 on what i have, then $100 on a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                well, the part worked great no more ruff idling the CEL was off for the first time running it, and then after about 5 seconds the second time, it came back on, but i'm not worried about it, since it runs fine:p: i'd much rather spend $21 on what i have, then $100 on a replacement
                I hope you didn't think I meant that the part you bought was a ghetto mod. I was just talking about all of the things that I did to my old MX-6.

If I ever get rid of my cat, I'll do the same thing you did.
                03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege

MAM Built Block, Microtech EMS on the way

HiBoost FMIC--Greddy Profec-B SpecII--AWR Front Mount, RR-inserts in rear--Injen SRI--PLX Wideband

88 MX6 LX-Turbo - DEAD

Comment

Originally posted by 03MSP
                  I hope you didn't think I meant that the part you bought was a ghetto mod. I was just talking about all of the things that I did to my old MX-6.

If I ever get rid of my cat, I'll do the same thing you did.
                  not at all course it's not like i can say i haven't done anything ghetto to my car:p: here's a link to a how-to on installing a protosport down pipe
                  Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

that's where i got the info on the adapter or whatever you want to call it

Comment

Hey folks. My first post here . . .

My wife's '99 Protege ES has about 85k miles. The CE light came on a couple of weeks ago. The dealer says both oxygen sensors need to be replaced, along with the cat. He says the failed sensors have caused a rich condition that ruined the cat.

Other than an erratic idle, the car runs fine and I doubt the cat needs to be changed. Anyway, where can a dude get new O2 sensors cheap? I'm assuming it's an easy job to swap 'em out myself.

Comment

hmmm. my car's having a rough time with idling, too.
                      no CEL yet, but i'm sure that's just a few weeks away.

So Blue, the little "adapter" you got worked well??
                      - I may end up fidning it at PartSource or something.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                      RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek

So Blue, the little "adapter" you got worked well??
                        - I may end up fidning it at PartSource or something.

yeah, but i gotta get it checked, since the CEL light is still on. course it's probably from the injen intake but my car idles soooooooo much better now

Comment

Working...
                        X