Daddy Gets new Sound System..soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daddy Gets new Sound System..soon

April 8th couldn't come soon enough, but i've got my buddy's install garage booked for a full day to get THIS installed:

Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit
    MB Quart PSD216 6 1/2" components
    Alpine Type-S 6x9 SPS690A 3-ways in rear deck
    Phoenix Gold Ti15d 15" sub in ported box (the old box)
    Rockford Fosgate 551x 4x70 watt 4 channel amp
    Rockford Fosgate 501bd mono-block sub amp (623watts birthsheet)
    Knukonceptz 4 gauge, runnning to Knukonceptz 4to8 distribution block, 8 guage running to amps
    60 square feet of eDead V.1 going in rear deck, trunk, and front doors
    Factory radio to be relocated to trunk in it's own wood/carpeted enclosure
    all said and told: $1604.86 is the total given i'm supplying my own amps and sub/box. luckily, 3/4's of this is 12 months no interest . and to boot, it's professionally installed at this price, so no worrying about my ****ing anything up. the only thing remaining is replacing my weak factory battery with a Optima Redtop Starter battery. now thats depending on how fast i can keep up with my car payments and car insurance.. ontop of my credit card expenses. what do you guys think of this? any suggestions? my ultimate goal is to switch up to a 12 inch elemental designs sub from mike, but for now, this is what i can afford.
    Kevin
    p.s... what do you guys think of the Eclipse CD8454 head unit?

Don't know anything about that particular head unit but it sounds like a sweet setup overall. I love MB Quart components.

Comment

how well do you think the P series handles? i've heard some mixed comments, some people saying to bi-amp the tweeters and mid's seperate, some saying putting more juice on em. i'm planning to run 70 watts to each component side in the front of the car. i figure it should be enough to give me the tonal balance and quality that i'm looking for. for the most part, i'm not even worried about it, my buddy said he'd spend the better part of an hour just simply tuning the cd with the head unit, playing with the settings a little to get an idea of what's 'safe', and getting an idea of whats kosher.. so as not to blow the speakers out entirely by juicing the head unit a little bit. and as far as the head unit, the headunit is acutally elipsce's 2004 flagship unit, retailled for nearly 600 bucks. and judging by the utter impossibility of finding the headunit online aside from one listing on ebay and a fat woman selling real estate on yahoo, i cannot find and eclipse cd8454 on sale at all of my usual places. it's a hard to find unit. not to mention, the mb quarts, searching the same sites, i'm unable to find my components available online. they retailed at $569, they're selling for 289 as they're discontinued, i got 19 bucks off for being a good friend . so all in all, i'm making out pretty damn good..even though i'm spending the better part of 2 grand on a system, i'm sure i'll be plenty happy with it.
      kevin
      ps .. sorry for the long post.. just got back from the VFW after 2 pitchers of beer.. it's amazing the level of coherency you can have after 7 beers worth of yeungling

Comment

I don't have much direct experience with the P series... I've messed with them in the shop a bit but that's it. The ones I have are the Discus line, which is their lower end stuff (but they still retailed at $350 when I got them). I am putting 80 watts to each side right now and they sound great. I wouldn't worry about them much, my set is designed to handle 150 watts peak. Yours should do better than that.

Comment

sounds pretty sweet. i was going to go with an eclipse deck, but i couldn't find an electronic x-over and EQ to go with them

Comment

system looks ****ing awesome man! *thumbs up*

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              sounds pretty sweet. i was going to go with an eclipse deck, but i couldn't find an electronic x-over and EQ to go with them
              see now, the 8454 comes with a 13 band auto-eq.. kinda like the premier/pioneer 960p/9600. plus it has an adjustible cross over with slope controls. more than i really wanted :p:

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                see now, the 8454 comes with a 13 band auto-eq.. kinda like the premier/pioneer 960p/9600. plus it has an adjustible cross over with slope controls. more than i really wanted :p:

more than you want, but less than i need the only piece i could find that would go along with the eclipse HU for EQ and x-over purposes were the audiocontrol pieces, but they only offer 3 way digital x-over and i needed 4 way, so i was limited to alpine and pioneer.

Comment

Working...
                X