2003 MSP vs. 2nd gen talon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 MSP vs. 2nd gen talon

It was about 11 30 at nite in naperville IL, if anyone's familiar with it, and we were cruisin the streets of Rt. 59 and RT. 34 lookin for people to race. Well my friend with a 3rd gen prelude was just following me, and in a 2 lane road, i came to a stop at the front of the left lane. There was a van next to me, and behind the van was my friend with the prelude, and behind me pulled up the 2nd gen. I was reving my engine, and i had at the time only a full exhaust with apexi muffler, and a turbo xs boost controller running 10 psi. So my friend calls me on his phone saying the talon thought it was him reving and asked him if he wanted to race. He was like, no, race him, and pointed up at my car, so as the light changed, i speed forward to allow him to cut through and get next to me, my friend calls back yelling that it's turbo'd and to back down, haha. IT ended up having a greddy type s bov so it sounded pretty cool. I raced anyway and off the line i dropped it at about 3,ooo, and he did some what of an all wheel launch. He took me off the line by about half a car but only for a min, as i started catching up really fast to take him overall in the race by about a car and a half. It was a good race.

good kill.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

talons are teh devil!!!!! good job
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

My buddy has a 1st gen Talon AWD... but you don't want none from him

*hint: he uses 720cc injectors*
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

yeah I have seen some of those AWD ones supercharged..... those are nutz...... I used to have a vid of a supercharged awd talon running from the cops.... the LS1 patrol car couldn't catch him on straights or curves.... and since he was awd... no pit manuever for him I gotta find that vid.

Comment

It's turbocharged but yes, it's very fast

The turbo on it's a little below a 60 trim... but they won't release the specs on it so we don't know for sure.
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I've seen a supercharged one before tho

Comment

DSMs are alot like mustangs... fast as hell but tend to fall apart/explode.

Comment

You guys probably wont believe me but I've raced a talon 1st gen and killed by a foot or so. I was driving my 323 w/out nitrous. I think something was wrong with his car because I 've a talon b4 w/ chrome rims *w/ chrome rims* and killed me like 5 cars away. Must be a bad driver or bad tuned talon. Either way I still beat him

Comment

or it was a talon ESI
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Good kill, I just raced a 2gen GSX the other night and he killed me by 10-15 car lengths. I can't wait for boost.
                      1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
                      Plus new
                      1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                        I've seen a supercharged one before tho
                        mmmmkay, well the Eclipse GST/GSX, Talon TSI/TSI AWD, Laser turbo... all came with factory turbos. The 1st gen's of those came with either the 1.8 I4 or the 2.0 DOHC I4 with or without the turbo. The 2nd gen's came either with a turbo or the Neon's 420A (2.0 DOHC)... if you've seen a supercharged one then it was probably a 2nd gen with the Neon motor, they probably make a kit for it. The non-turbo 1st gen's with the 1.8 are SLOW as ****! The 1st gen turbo's are pretty quick stock, probably high 14's with a good driver.
                        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

oh I know they came factory turbo'd, but this guy wanted to be different. I used to have pics.... gonna have to search around a bit.

Comment

yeah the first gen talons made more power then the second gen, i think the turbo was a bit bigger, and the stock boost was alittle more.
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i was under the impression that the 1st gen's had the 14g turbo and the 2nd gens had the 16g
                              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X