2003 MSP vs. Dodge neon RT (cop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 MSP vs. Dodge neon RT (cop)

I was driving down somewhat of a back street late on night w/ a friend when i was at a stop light and saw a dodge neon rt go by. As soon as the light changed i took off after it, and i caught up to it and just drove along beside it , trying to get him to race, but he wasn't budging. We just drove past him a little and chilled, when all the sudden i see him shoot past, so i drop it into 2nd and take off after him, i catch up to him and he has his window down like he wants to talk, so i catch up beside him only to see he's wearing a full uniform and holds up a badge to me, but simply says..." I can't be doing this." Then he speeds forward again, and hesitant i chase after him and we catch at a light. His window still rolled down, he looks over, and i decide i'll race the cop and see what happens, so as the light changes i take off and leave him in the dust, waiting for him to pull me over or something we get to another light further up and all he says is nice race, and ask's what i have done to it, congrat's me on the win and says to be carefull, then pulls into a neighbor hood to go home. Man was that ever one hell of a race!!!

Man what kind of guy races a cop, honestly...

If i was in that scenerio, and went speeding after a cop and taunting him too race me.. and he rolled down the window and i saw it was a cop with his badge out, i woulda slammed on the brakes then cut off to some side road.

I guess your ballsy but dumb! He coulda just been baiting you, then slammed you with tickets after he got done having his fun with you
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Cop or security guard? this one is a little hard to swallow, but if true, Props.

Signed:

Comment

Ya must have caught him off duty and thats why he was driving his personal car and could not ticket you! He told you to "be careful" because when you pulled on him, he got a good look at your license plate. Now that he knows your car, and your willingness to illegaly "street race" he will be watching for you on future shifts!!!
        '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
        Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
          Ya must have caught him off duty and thats why he was driving his personal car and could not ticket you! He told you to "be careful" because when you pulled on him, he got a good look at your license plate. Now that he knows your car, and your willingness to illegaly "street race" he will be watching for you on future shifts!!!

This makes sence, I heard a cop complaining about how ****ty people drive when hes off duty, and cant do ****, but they see the lights on top of his car from pretty far off so in his squad car he doesnt see as many violations.

So what your saying DOES make sence, and I wouldnt be suprised if he has the guys plate # noted.

BUT, you never know, he might of been a cop who loves cars and decided to let it slide one night.

Signed:

Comment

Originally posted by Joe99Es
            Man what kind of guy races a cop, honestly...

If i was in that scenerio, and went speeding after a cop and taunting him too race me.. and he rolled down the window and i saw it was a cop with his badge out, i woulda slammed on the brakes then cut off to some side road.

I guess your ballsy but dumb! He coulda just been baiting you, then slammed you with tickets after he got done having his fun with you

...and you target him why? I think your first sentence should be "What kind of cop street races...".
            James G.
            sobe83@yahoo.com
            AIM: DVS 323BPT
            MySpace
            Cardomain
            <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

d0od my neighbor is a cop, and we used to ride together, and he was the wrost one, used to whellie, go like 170, lol he was real bad, felt weird doing **** with him.
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by limpgtx
                ...and you target him why? I think your first sentence should be "What kind of cop street races...".
                Lol im not targeting anyone, that wasent even a hostile post, just a observation
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Comment

I think your first sentence should be "who the hell races with a Neon RT?"

Comment

shrug

The same thing could be said about a protege, but people do it
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Comment

This guy was a cop, not security, but was off duty, i was hessitant to race at first but he flagged me to pull up to him, and asked what i had all done to my car, and was saying how he just bought an srt 4 and is trading that one in but waiting on paperwork, and the one he has, the rt, just has really big cam's. HE seemed pretty into cars so ya, but he didn't seem to care at all, he was a younger cop too, like 28 or so.

Comment

Where exactly in chicago happened?
                        Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
                        you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

whats the point in racing on the street? no comments.. just simply answer me that?
                          kevin

Comment

Seeing a cop race isnt that rare for me. I have even seen one in a corvette when I used to go to the street races.

But yeah I dont think I would have gone ahead to get him to race after seeing his badge and all.
                            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                              whats the point in racing on the street? no comments.. just simply answer me that?
                              kevin
                              Um so you dont have to go to the drag strip and pay a cash sum anytime you wanna have a little fun? and the public roads are open 24/7, the strips not
                              Joe H
                              2000 Chevy Impala
                              3400 3.4 Liter V6
                              Fun Times

Comment

Working...
                              X