Wheel rubbing! How do I fix prob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel rubbing! How do I fix prob?

I have Eibach Pro Springs Kit on my Protege 5. I just put on 18inch by 7.5inch wheels becuase my factory wheels were warped. The new wheels are rubbing in the rear. I know I need to replace the OEM struts but that won't be for few months. I want to find the least expensive way to fix the rubbing problem for right now. Any good solutions?
    Last edited by amprescod; 03-24-2005, 12:48 PM.

wrong section dood. this is the Mazda 3 and 6. Better responses off of the 3rd gen section.

Oh and wheel spacers would be a solution, but are not reccomended.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Put the stock wheels back on?

Comment

Originally posted by amprescod
        I have Eibach Pro Springs Kit on my Protege 5. I just put on 18inch by 7.5inch wheels becuase my factory wheels were warped. The new wheels are rubbing in the rear. I know I need to replace the OEM struts but that won't be for few months. I want to find the least expensive way to fix the rubbing problem for right now. Any good solutions?
        You need at least a 48" offset to run those wheels on a P5 without rubbing (if not more). Who convinced you those would fit on your car?

Comment

Get smaller tires dude
          Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
          U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
          Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

moved to 3rd gen suspension/brakes

Comment

don't fix it the least expensive way, b/c then a couple months down the road you will be fixing it again. And do some research before you buy rims, b/c if you did it right the first time you would've been fine.
              2000 DX, Blue
              Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
              2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Yeah, you need a higher offset for Protege5's in the rear.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                X