new pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new pads

Ok, so I'm brake pad shopping. I'm kind of leaning towards the Stillen Metal Matrix (semi-metallic) pads. Anybody have experience with these? Any other pads I should be looking into? I'm hesitant to get carbon ceramic because of the whole low temp stopping thing. I'm going to be using these on the street, although I might go to a Solo II event this summer. Basically I just want to stop better. I'm also going to put in either DOT 4 or 5.1 fluid when I do the pads.

thx,
    j-

hmmmm...bendix metal kings? just not sure if theyre available in your area..
    ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

Ok, well I went ahead and got the Stillen pads, they're going on next week along w/ DOT4 fluid. Any suggestions for break-in period?

Comment

DOH! I should've looked closer, because the rear pads don't fit, it's that old "fits 1990 - 1995" error with the first gen/second gen. So the thing now is that I have oem replacement pads on the rear, and while I'd like to have the metal matrix on the rears, but don't want to pay to have them installed twice I'm on the phone w/ Stillen right now, at least they have good customer service.

Comment

Working...
        X