help with H&R springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with H&R springs

wussup!?! My friend recently gave me H&R springs for my 95 Protege. We installed them but I'm not really happy with the 1.3 inch drop. You guys think i'll get that bad of a ride if i cut half a coil or a whole coil off. hit me back with some answers please.

Cutting a coil off a spring is dangerous, lets leave it at that.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Were the springs brand new, or were they used? If they were used, they already should have been broken in, i.e. proper drop. But if you are still not satisfied, I would recommend getting another set. Get new struts too. Because if you put those spring on old worn sturts, you ride is going to be like ass! I have H&Rs on my car, and I do not have a problem with them at all. I made a mistake putting a larger tire on, which in turn raised my car back a little.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

nope. not advisable to cut or compress/heat your springs..
        ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

I have the H&R kit, too. Bought it new, I haven't really noticed any change in ride height, but I was extremely happy the day they went on, closed the wheel gap very nicely, it's subtle, but if you know what you're doing, you'll noticed.

Comment

another option

I used to have the H&R springs until I got my B+G sport springs.

A combination I did like was H&R with Tokico (Blue) struts, and once you are working on the suspension give it a glance to the sway bar bushings.

Kragens or Pep Boys sell a basic kit with urethane (black or red) bushings. There is three options;

1. find a kit for your ride, which is usually difficult to get.

2. measure the length of your bolts and find the closest kit with the approximate measurements.

3. Just change the bushings and still retain the factory bolts.

I opted for option #2 cause I could not find one and also the aftermarket bolts are thicker.

Suspension has to worked as a combination of parts MOST of the time. I do think you will like the ride once you even it out with springs and bushings.

Comment

Working...
            X