Ground Wiring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Wiring Question

well.. with my 70x4 and 500x1 rockford amps getting installed in 2 weeks.. i'm getting down to the last few days i can order and have stuff drop shipped to my door. it was recommended that i run 4 gauge wiring back to a distribution block to 2 8 gauge leads for each amp for the power wire. for the ground.. i hadn't entirely thought this out right as i've never used a ground distribution block. would this be a smarter alternative to use a 4 gauge wire going into a disty block with 8 guage leads going to the amp for ground wire.. instead of using 2 8 gauge ring terminals? i mean.. all the wiring is going to be hidden for the most part anyway.. i'm just curious as to if not for astetic means, is using a ground distribution block going to yield any benefit or stave off potential alternator whine/noise?
    kevin

having all the grounds to the same point generally eliminates most noise induced through the ground wires. some people use multiple ring terminals to the same point, but that is not a wise idea because the resistance from one terminal to the next will have what could be a large effect on the voltage. use one big ground terminal, or a ground dist. block to one ground terminal.

Comment

ordered it yesturday under assumption thats what mike was recommending me.. i knew the answer.. just wanted to have a logical reason as to why i was spending another 12 dollars . ah.. and elemental designs finally shipped my edead out after 9 days of no response . lets hope the ****ers get everything here by the 8th or they're gonna get reamed royally.
      kevin

Comment

lol, good luck with all that.

Comment

if it weren't for the fact that eDead is a simple, cheap and durable product when applied right.. i'm happy to order more.. it's just the ****ty customer service that eats me up
          kevin

Comment

order raammat bxt next time with shipping from CA to FL, which is about as far as anyone could ship in the US, it comes out to $110 for 62.5 sq ft. plus rick offers customer service that is second to none. adire audio and scott bawalda tie for second in my book.

Comment

well.. they came through.. only took 2 weeks

Comment

Working...
              X