MSP vs. Windstar (loss, wtf)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSP vs. Windstar (loss, wtf)

Today at lunch a older guy in a green ford windstar pulled up on my right side and started honking at me and asking me to race him. At 1st i just laughed it off, but this guy was serious. I figured 0-75 or 80 and let off, It would feel good to blow a little steam off and no one was around. I usually punch it hard down this strech of road anyway. it is a one way street with the 1st intersection about a 1/2 mile down on the left that i turn into work at. the light changed I got a very good launch, so did he. It quickly became apparent I had been duped. the rear wheels spun, the distinct whine of a supercharger and roar only a V-8 can make were heard. and I saw nothing but green mini van outright smoking me. 2 1/2- 3 cars by time i was at the top of 2nd gear (60 mph). I made my left turn into work humbled by an old man in a mini van.

haha that is great!. yeah beware of who your race. regardless of what vehicle it is. I got spanked by a pissed off old lady in a astro van. yeah that almost got me to pull over and cry
    sigpic
    1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
    1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
    2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

damn that sux....
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Minivans are the worst....

Comment

hey at least you lost......

I've gotten to the point where I've been challenged to race in my mom's Subaru Outback (automatic....) eight or so times in the last couple months, while my car's been in the driveway, and I've always won.... it's pissing me off.

Honestly... if they can't win to an automatic car with 166 hp and 3500 pounds of weight, what the hell are they gonna do against my car once I'm finished working on it?

Arrrgg.... Massachusetts sucks, and don't even get me started about the local ricers.
          Ask me about engine management!

Comment

lol, vans rule sometimes. My friend works at a bike shop, and they have one of those 2.4L turbo pos vans. Since they use it for transporting bikes, they gutted it from the drivers seats all the way back to the doors in rear for max cargo space.

Its hilarious b/c I have seen that thing beat out 350z's first hand Trust me that guy was pissed in that 350z.

Comment

I got spanked by one of those new "Dodge" Ram, Hemi, pick-ups. Not too badly though, and I did have my buddy and his kid in the car so there's roughly 300 lbs extra. I might still lose, I don't know, but I'ld like another run on him.
              '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
              Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
                I got spanked by one of those new "Dodge" Ram, Hemi, pick-ups. Not too badly though, and I did have my buddy and his kid in the car so there's roughly 300 lbs extra. I might still lose, I don't know, but I'ld like another run on him.

dude you raced with a kid in the car? thats not cool.
                Mods: BP engine,exhintake cam w/ obx cam gears, exhaust (2.25" piping, cherry bomb resonator, magnaflow muffler), intake (mx-3 sohc CAI), Pacesetter 4-2-1 header, RX7 maf, MSD blaster coil 2, NGK iridiums, NGK wires, custom ground wire kit, Milano spoke 15" rims, black altezza tails

need to install: e-spec headlights, clear turn signal housing, pacesetter adjustable short show shifter, sprint springs

BP Powered Mx-3=

Honda (not disrespecting lscrx)

Comment

despite how fast he is, he's still driving a minivan....

i'd take a slow car over a fast windstar anyday

Comment

I got my ass handed to me by a OLD dude in one of those huge 10 pass vans. Well back when I was young and driving a '68 chevy with a 327, but still... Ya Id take a rusty 323 BF over a minivan of anytype.
                    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by johnboi85
                      dude you raced with a kid in the car? thats not cool.
                      No it wasn't really a race... he was next to me on a 2 lane freeway onramp when he gunned it, than I punched it to see, but he pulled ahead so I let off. I don't even think I went over the speed limit.
                      Sometimes I get a lil agressive when I'm alone but never dangerously so, and never with other people in the car.
                      I saw a guy with a similar truck at the races last fri, looks like I'ld prally get spanked... still a lil curious to see though
                      '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                      Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                        lol, vans rule sometimes. My friend works at a bike shop, and they have one of those 2.4L turbo pos vans. Since they use it for transporting bikes, they gutted it from the drivers seats all the way back to the doors in rear for max cargo space.

Its hilarious b/c I have seen that thing beat out 350z's first hand Trust me that guy was pissed in that 350z.
                        those things are great, i have a vid of one spanking a corvette at the strip
                        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

It's reasons like this that if a car that is supposed to be slow wants to race I think twice. I've been fooled around Knoxville before. Got spanked by a Geo Metro with a 350 in it.

Comment

how did you not hear the grumble of the 350?

Comment

I knew something was up with this car. But I figured it would be fun anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X