Need opinions on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions on this

i am planning on replacing our red lense on the rear bumpers with this. do you think this will fit?

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

That is exactly what they are made for. Its the same size as the ones in the front, only the ones in the rear are red on all models, and amber on 95-96. Might as well replace the front ones too.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

thats exactly what i am trying to do. these are made for the FRONT and i wanted to know if it was gonna fit the rear too.

Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

why not remove the fronts and fit 'em in the rears?
        ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

i checked already and the front amber lense is the EXACT size as the rear red lense but it wont be interchangeable without some trimming. needless to say if you want the amber to fit the rear then you need to trim the rear and vice versa. i ordered it and will be trimming the rear since i got the front ones at the same time tapping the wires so that they will light up when i turn my parking lights on unlike the stock red lense wherein they are only used merely as a reflector.
          Last edited by beetle_orange; 04-01-2005, 08:14 PM.

Mods:

Comment

ok, good luck on that project
            ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

Originally posted by caloyski5
              ok, good luck on that project
              thanks. my friend just came back from the philippines and he brought with him my clear fender lights so i will be very busy within the next 2 weeks or so. will post pictures as soon as i am done.

Mods:

Comment

So did you cut into the rear bumper with a dremel/other tool or did you trim the clear reflectors so they no longer had a bulb socket like what I did.

I've got another set of clear light and I'm thinking of cutting out a section of the bumper so I don't have to trim a big chunk of the clear reflectors.
                ED
                '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

i trimmed the bumper with a steel saw and a cutting knife, had to do with what i have. i didnt touch the clear lights cuz i was thinking of adding the socket to make them light up at night. i was in my local JY and got an extra bulb socket and will see if it'll work. since you have done this already did you notice that there is a piece of metal that is very close to the housing, that is why i am afraid that i wont be able to add the bulb socket because there is not enough room unless i grind that piece of metal.

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                  X