Springs vs Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs vs Coilovers

Would someone be kind enough to explain the pros/cons of each. Also, how much should I expect to pay at a local shop to get either installed? I just dont want to get ripped off. thanks in advance....

it kind of depends on the coilovers you get. there are the cheap ones from ground control and skunk2 that are only adjustable springs, to raise and lower your car easily, and utilize either your stock struts or aftermarket ones. and there are real coilovers that are the spring and strut in one assembly from jic magic or tein, that are more for racing applications, where being able to dial in the exact dampening you need for a race is necessary. with either of these setups you have adjustablity. with just springs, you can use your stock struts or aftermarket ones, and it's a fixed height. i doubt if you can really tell a difference in ride between springs for our cars. there are tein, eibach, and H&R that i know of. i chose the tein's cause they lowered the front more than the back, and i've got a heavy system in the back, and it would have sagged in the ass with eibachs i'm not sure of how much you'd expect to pay at a shop to install springs, i do all my own work. hell, i installed my front springs in the hotel parking lot i was staying in, and it only took 52 minutes and yes, i timed myself:p: i'm not an expert when it comes to suspension, so if i've made a mistake in anything i've said, please correct me.

Comment

coilovers=

They are nice, they give you that look that you desire. You can raise and lower the car whenever youwant.
      The bad thing is your car will ride like the newest version of ****, unless you have some adjustable shocks.
      The difficulty of installing them is slightly more than regular springs but not anything absurd.

Spring=

These will give you a much more comfortable ride. They may not lower as much as the coilovers. They tend to stay in place more so than coilovers. You don't have to clean and maintain coils.
      Your girlfriend will like your car, because it doesn't ride like ****.
      The are not difficult to install.

If the springs that blue ledz's has lower the front more than the back then that is a definete plus..
      Bruce
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

thanks for the info so far, can anyone tell me how hard springs are to install? I've installed, an intake, and short shifter through pictures and instructions. is it much harder than those type of things? Any websites or places I can go for detailed instructions? and I am going with lowering springs because I want to have a good comforable ride and only want to lower about an incah and a half

Comment

Working...
        X