Headlight and Foglight bulbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight and Foglight bulbs.

So after a few weeks of waiting, I finally got my new bulbs in the mail.
    They are Tungsram Megalicht H4. I tried them out tonight and compared them to some of the other bulbs which I'd bought over the last few years.
    Including my M4D TYT3 Eurolites, Sylvania Silverstars, and the stock bulbs which came with my car. Though I don't really know for sure if they are really stock as in factory stock or if they are just a parts store brand H4 bulb, but they will be referred to as stock.
    Unfortunately the pictures I took came out like ****, so you'll have to wait for them till tomorrow night, unless I feel like going out again tonight which I don't. I compared them side by side on both high and low beam settings.

Compared to the Sylvania Silverstars which I bought last year the new bulbs were only slightly superior, but in fairness, when I compared them side by side I had the new bulb installed in my passenger side headlight which is slightly hazier than my driver's side where the Sylvania was installed. Overall, the beam seemed to be "sharper" than the Silverstar near the middle but still had a sort of "flooding effect" (for lack of a better descriptive term) to the outside of the light beam.

Compared to the "stock" bulb the above comments about the beam hold true though the difference was much more noticeable. Even with the Hazy passener side headlight. The photos will show you better what I mean.

Compared to the M4D TYT3 Eurolites.
    Jesus ****. Are these things really legal??The difference, almost literally was like night and day. I think my passenger headlight could be completely filled with haze and mold and crap and still be brighter than this ****in thing. You need to be blind in order to not see the difference. Toucan/Ractive can suck my ****in balls. I'm proud to say that I no longer have any of their products
    decreasing the resale value of my car anymore.

As far as the foglight bulbs go, I have yet to install them as they are a little bit more complicated to do, and I was doing this comparo in a ****ty, gravelly muddy parking lot out in the middle of nowhere.
    I can't wait till my brother and his wife go to Holland again so I can hassle him to pick me up a set of E-spec headlights.

Anyways photos will be posted within the next 24 hours. <--- this has changed, see below.
    Last edited by midnightblue97; 04-02-2005, 03:45 PM.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Perhaps I just misunderstood what you posted, but I've seenalot of bulbs that make the area that you alread see brighter, but don't actually increase the distance that you can see.
    If I misunderstood then just call me a ****tard or something.

EDIT: I just remembered I'm going to a swine roast tonight and then I'm getting loaded afterwards. Plus the weather went from good to ****ty last night so you'll have to wait until next week for the pictures that I promised.
    Sorry bitches.
    Last edited by midnightblue97; 04-02-2005, 03:45 PM.
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
      I told you before... this **** is 60% brighter than normal H4s... compared to the *real* silverstars that are just 50% brighter..... wait till you use these on high beam with e-spec headlights.... you can see 2 miles away
      So we have found a better set of bulbs than the Osrams now?

Comment

Well I can see a bazillion miles away with my 100 watt driving lights
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          Perhaps I just misunderstood what you posted, but I've seenalot of bulbs that make the area that you alread see brighter, but don't actually increase the distance that you can see.
          If I misunderstood then just call me a ****tard or something.

EDIT: I just remembered I'm going to a swine roast tonight and then I'm getting loaded afterwards. Plus the weather went from good to ****ty last night so you'll have to wait until next week for the pictures that I promised.
          Sorry bitches.
          pictures yet?
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
            pictures yet?
            Originally posted by midnightblue97
            so you'll have to wait until next week for the pictures that I promised.
            Sorry bitches.
            Later tonight. I hope that the pics come out this time. I also hope that the visual differences are enough.
            The only way to really test this **** is with a calibrated light meter. But i wouldn't know where to get one, how to use it.

Comment

So its later tonight.
              The pictures came out ****ty so **** it, just buy the mother****ers and see for yourselves. Its worth the money.

Comment

Working...
              X