Dropzone Coilover Install Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropzone Coilover Install Help!!

I bought a set of Dropzone coilovers for my Protege off ebay. I have a 2000 DX 1.6L and I spent all day Saturday just trying to get the front passenger one in before I finally gave up and put the stock springs back in. Has anyone else encountered problems with this, or am I just a total retard and was never meant to do suspension work myself? I put the whole thing together over my stock strut and I can't get the strut to seat up into the strut tower enough for me to put a nut on it. I jack it up into place and the strut starts to compress and eventually lifts the car up. It is so close to coming through, but just won't make it. Please someone help me if you have had a similar problem.

It's very unclear how your explaining this.... but you removed your stock struts right?
    Visit My Garage

Comment

yeah, very unclear. I guess you took the strut and spring out? what exactly was the problem?

Comment

I took out the stock strut and spring, then I placed the new dropzone spring over the stock strut with both "strut alignment plates" on each end with the threaded adjustment piece inside the spring. It will only go up so far and then it starts lifting the car, so I can't get the nut onto the top threaded part of the stock strut.

Comment

Insert slot A into slot B.

Comment

I read this post 5 times, and I still don't know wtf your asking.

The nut on the very top of the strut shaft should be cake to put on. You do this while it's off the car btw. If you cant get that nut on with a set of coilovers, your doing something terribly wrong.
            The only other thing I can think of is maybe your talking about the bolt for mounting the strut to the spindle??? It can be kinda hard to line the holes up for that. Try removing the endlinks so there is more play in the lower control arm which will make it easier to get the bolts in.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

did you do anything with that rubber stopper thing on the strut? if i were bored and rich i would drive up and help you... but.. i'm poor white trash
              sigpic
              1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
              1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
              2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

maybe a picture would be helpful? find an existing strut attachment and load to your pc and use paint to expain?

Sounds like you are bolting the strut at the lower perch before you are bolting up the top end of the strut?
                It is easier to install if you leave everything unbolted from bottom end and simply lift the strut into place up top and hand tighten the nuts on then lift the lower end into place using a hand lift or something... this way you can rotate the bottom end into proper aligment to secure parge bolts?
                'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                -Dean
                2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                Injen CAI - Polished
                Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                DaveB trim rings
                Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Wait until you get to the rear endlinks. My advice is to hit up your rear endlinks with some kind of lubricant now so it loosens up for when you ahve to take it off. Mine were completelty rusted shut, and dremel became my friend.
                  2000 DX, Blue
                  Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                  2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Working...
                  X