My first AutoX!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first AutoX!!!

So yeh i have my very first AutoX this sunday, im not gonna lie im scared ****less lol.......any of you pro autoXers have anytips for me and is it very hard? dont wanna look like a dumbass while out there haha

Even though I'm no "pro", I've been to several... so here's what I have to say:
    Just take it easy... nice and slow the first few times. Everyone is a beginner at some point. The second you try to slam the whole course as fast as you can, you will fail miserably, run over a dozen cones, and everyone will know your shame

Slow in, fast out.

Brake, THEN turn. don't try any fancy trail braking or anything.

Comment

good luck dood.

post times once you get back.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Ride along with somebody that has experience. See how they drive the course, this will give you an idea of what you should be doing.

Comment

Go in with the attitude that you indeed DO suck at autocross, and you're there to learn.
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
            So yeh i have my very first AutoX this sunday, im not gonna lie im scared ****less lol.......any of you pro autoXers have anytips for me and is it very hard? dont wanna look like a dumbass while out there haha
            I know how you feel I've got my first one on the 17th.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
            98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

I WANTED to go to the one nearby on the 17th, but nooooo... my mom is afraid I might HURT myself.... somehow
              Ask me about engine management!

Comment

IM going once I swap the mx3 and learn how to drive that beast.

Comment

ok thanks for the info guys, yeh i was thinking about asking someone for a ride along to see what they do and to do the same when its my turn, its gonna be awsome! just hope i dont fuk up my car in the process......has alot of body roll i cant take turns to fast or the car will go on 2 so suspension is a big problem hopefully with my next paycheck i can get some new struts and springs and all teh rest of the good stuff.

and thanks again, ill post up my times and post up some pics of it!

Comment

alright so it is 2:04 here in utah right now and im still up haha i gotta leave my house at around 7:00am to get there because its pretty far away.........sucks tho im tired as hell but cant sleep because my adrenaline is pumping haha. oh well im gonan try and get soem sleep. like i said ill post up my times and some pics if i have any and post them up when i get back

Comment

Good luck man.
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

OK well i didint do to bad did really good my first couple of runs then on my last one i spun the damn car lol pushed it to hard then hit the brakes to hard in the turn and got sideways....there are pics but sadly the person taking pics took about 900 but was in my class so there are non of my car.......i will post my times up as soon as they post them up though

Comment

congrats... hey only one spin out, it could have been worse.

Comment

Working...
                          X