This is How She Looks wth Clear Lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is How She Looks wth Clear Lenses

All i need now is a good couple of days off from work and these lenses are going straight right in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by beetle_orange; 04-08-2005, 12:30 PM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Looking good man!

Now you need to lower it

p.s I've never really been a fan of the US bumpers . . I like the look of my ones better aye. Weird how they changed shape of bumpers in different countries.

All in all though your car is looking really good. Top effort!

Comment

damn those clear lenses all around look really good! gotta get me some of those

and SACKED do you have a pic of your car? i want to see the difference between bumpers since i never knew there was a difference never really paid much attention

Comment

Those do look good.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Looking good. The clear lenses give the car a more complete look.
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

thanks for all the compliments.

i made the front turn signals myself. here's a link. http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14924

only 3 things left to do. find front bulb sockets to make the rear light up. actually i might not be able to since there is a piece of metal hitting the back housing already but need to look underneath to check further. the fender lights might take a while as well since my friend was not able to give me the original sockets to plug into the bulbs sockets that came with the fender lights.

so for those who converted into the 97 and 98 look and have no use for their front bulb sockets i would be more than happy to buy them from you so i can maybe make my rear light up.

i actually like the US bumpers cuz it makes the cars look longer (over exposure to Asian bumpers ) and as much as i would love to lower the car more i think this is enough lowering for me. i dont wanna kill my struts and spend hunderds of $$$ again for parts and labor.
            Last edited by beetle_orange; 04-09-2005, 11:18 AM.

Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

aw man! beautiful pro beetle_o!

mazda96pro,

the j-spec bumpers are shorter, has provisions for foglights, and has a cornered hole underneath, different from the oval shape of the US spec. check out mine. i love the US spec ones though..problem is, you cant put the mazdaspeed front spoiler with the US ones.
              ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

ohhh i see, thanks for the info man i really aprreciate it

eh now that ive seen what they look like i want one! lol, ive grown to like mine....only thing i dont like about my bumper and the others on the 95-96 is the over sized turn signals lol if i had some cleared out ones like beetle i would like it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                  ....only thing i dont like about my bumper and the others on the 95-96 is the over sized turn signals lol if i had some cleared out ones like beetle i would like it better.
                  you could do what i did and just make them clear yourself

Mods:

Comment

Want to make me a set of those front clear bumber lights?

Please. lol

Thanks
                    Steven
                    VOTE FOR ME

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

its really not that hard....just need to be patient...very very patient

Mods:

Comment

Hey, also the clear ones you got for the sides of the front and rear bumber are the ones off E-bay right?

Just making sure.
                        VOTE FOR ME

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                          damn those clear lenses all around look really good! gotta get me some of those

and SACKED do you have a pic of your car? i want to see the difference between bumpers since i never knew there was a difference never really paid much attention
                          Hey, Yeah here are some pics. To be honest i probably am biased because i own the jap version. haha but you can judge for yourself

I'm at work so i don't have any more on me at the moment. I am really liking your car though beetle orange. It's great to see the protege is a car that people modify in America. In New Zealand it is very RARE to see a car like mine modded.

Comment

Originally posted by caloyski5
                            i love the US spec ones though..problem is, you cant put the mazdaspeed front spoiler with the US ones.
                            front spoiler? what do u mean?

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
                              front spoiler? what do u mean?
                              i think he meant the front chin or lip.

SACKED,

do we even have the same colored pro?

cant wait to put my clear fender lights and i really really really wanna get the original mazdaspeed sideskirt!
                              Last edited by beetle_orange; 04-15-2005, 12:09 AM.

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X