AC not working now! WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC not working now! WTF?

A while back (and it has happened maybe 3 times), my AC light would blink and so I turned it off and back on and it worked properly after that. I never had a problem other than that and it blowing regular air out that wasn't cool along with the blinking. So here it is Sunday and I am driving to my parent's house and turn the AC on. Thing was blowing hot air on as if the heater was on. I checked the knob and it works properly (no bad selenoids or anything like that). On the way home tonight, I turn the AC on to try it out. This time it will blow regular air, but it's not cold air like it should be! I notice some people have problems with their AC and have it taken in to have adjusted or fixed. Thank God it's still under warranty----barely!

The other problems with light dimming still exist when the bass hits whether AC is on or off. I took the SoundStream Class A amp out and replaced it with the JBL Class D amp and still the bass causes headlights to dim just as bad. I guess I'll have them check that out too to make sure my alternator is not bad. They had checked it (and it checked out fine) before. Don't know why I still have dimming problems!
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

you other ss could be causing it awell. whats the cca and reserve on you deep cycle battery?
    offtopic, but do you have pics of the new boxs blue built for you yet?
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
      you other ss could be causing it awell. whats the cca and reserve on you deep cycle battery?
      offtopic, but do you have pics of the new boxs blue built for you yet?

the cranking amps were right around 1200, cause i was right there when my friend tested it CCA's should be around 900+ i'm not sure the reserve on it, but it's pretty high. as far as the dimming, ****ing ****

Comment

hmm...does it dim while driving or just at idle???it while driving then definatly getthe alt checked b/c i mean you've done just about all you can do at this point
        '02 classic red p5

Comment

It dims all the time whether driving or in idle. I could be at 3500 RPMs and the thing would be dimming! Also, AC doesn't seem to phase it. I have been driving without AC on partly because it is out and also when testing. Both the amp's crossover and Coustic crossover is set at 100 Hz. I have the amps boost at maybe 3 dB's max (total boost is around 6dB's). I ran 4 gauge to the alt from the fuse box to the battery, but left the factory wires the way it is. Hopefully they won't see and say that voids out your warranty. If the system is putting out enough volts within "normal" limits, it is at the low end of the norm, which knowing my luck will be the case. My AC is blowing air now also, whereas, that night it would just be blowing heat (and it was a pretty cool night too! I wonder if the ECU is bad or something. I wish they could just go in there and fix the **** or replace it. I seem to be the only one with these problems I almost regret ever having a stereo in my car. Pretty soon daylight savings will hit and then my **** will be dimming all the time do to shorter days

Groundkit

Comment

have you put a voltmeter on your car and monitored the voltage of the car for a period of time???something definatly has to be messup up somewhere b/c i mean with everything you've done, you should not of had these problems. have you tried only running the jbl amp and not the ss amp(s)?? its possible that one of the ss amps is pulling alot more than it should, yet still putting the correct output?
            '02 classic red p5

Comment

last time i measured misterT's car was during the day, with the headlights on, and the voltage dropped to low to mid 13 volts. tomorrow i'm getting a new craftsman clamp meter, so i can measure volts and amperage, so i want to check it with that. i want to ride in his car at night and see how bad it is. i know mine don't dim too badly, and last time i checked, my car dropped to 12.6 volts after about 2 mins at idle, and lots of bass

Comment

Mazda dealership will not even test it with the stereo on since it it is an aftermarket stereo. They only test it with lights off, with them on, and AC. They are going to have to test the AC and I'll see if they can meter it again. Otherwise not much I can do.

Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                X