Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris' Project: Brown Protege (BP) go fast NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris' Project: Brown Protege (BP) go fast NOW!

Alright, the official beginning of documenting my summertime project.
    Now while i did get this engine a year ago, i decided to not start the thread until I started getting more serious about the swap because I didnt want to start the thread and then have it remain dormant for a year.

So anyways, the donor vehicle is a 1997 Kia Sephia with the obvious BP 1.8L engine.

The destination chassis is my current 1998 Protege SE mtx with the 1.5L Z5

Some pictures for you, the first one is the donor car...
    second is my ecu, from a 1997 Mazda Protege 1.8L MTX
    third and fourth are closeups of the BP
    fifth is my ****ty Z5

Now the history of the engine is, that the owner had ****ty tires and rear ended someone... the car then being towed and when parked it was hit again in the rear... at that point they decided to sell it for parts cause it was NWR

Now the vehicle was NOT maintained well at all, however it did only have 66,000 miles on it.
    It was an automatic also.

As for the future plans, this is what im doing...
    I am using the Kia harness and using the necessary connectors from that to modify my Z5 harness... to make it into a BP harness

I am then going to use my current F25MR tranny and an OEM clutch.
    I also have an FSM and wiring diagram book intransit

However, before the swap commences, i am going to be doing a complete engine rebuild... however that is still being planned, so I will post more details about that once I decide what parts are going in.

Enjoy the pics!
    Attached Files

and because im way cooler than all of you thought, instead of taking a picture of the engine/tranny when it was OUT of the car, i decided it would be more fun to take a picture of me standing in an engine bay while pretending that i didnt know where the engine went....

but i really knew where it went... it was beside the dude holding the camera..
    Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff. Enjoy the BP powa.
      BP-05 Turbo-Sold
      2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

cool man, i bet your neighbors hate you, lol having a junk car in the driveway.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
          I belive he scrapped it.

Good stuff, Chris. Good luck with the process!

Comment

thanks guys!

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
            hahaha, the scrap car is gone now... but it was there for around 2 months
            ya, i think i lowered the value of our entire street... hahaha

my dad was not impressed with the huge rust/coolant/oil stain i left in the driveway either... lol
            but thats pressure washed off now too

Comment

looks good dood. Good luck on the install.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Right on BiRd!
                Your gonna love rollin' with the BP under yur hooood... especially having heard all the negative comments about the **** Z5 your rockin now!

...and don't worry, there'll still be time for a "good ol' standin" inbetween all the runs to redline and the klicks you'll be puttin down...
                When your dazed in front of the open hood, droolin over what you have done!

Good luck with the swap!
                '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

blingage
                  Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                  Beige 1994 Protege DX
                  Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Well yes, you all thought i forgot bout this didnt you!
                    well ya, i havent really put much work towards it in the last while...

But i did get my mazda wiring harness manual, mazda FSM, as well as the BP engine rebuilding manual

So all is good, disassembled the engine today
                    it looked ****ty as expected, didnt make it past the oil pickup tho because i dont have female torx sockets...

so i'll have to pick some up and get in there next time, and i'll let all you know the important info on how the internals are

but for now, here are some random pics for ya!
                    Attached Files

Comment

All of this looks strangely familiar. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                        All of this looks strangely familiar. Hmmm...
                        im also having flashbacks....

dude....that engine looks like total ass....i hope it cleans up nicely for you...plans of a turbo? now would be a great time for them since the engine is getting rebuilt and is out of the car...
                        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.