opinions and recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions and recommendations

hey guys my radio has been acting up..and it's time i buy a new one. i currently have a kenwood exceleon kdc-x659...worked beautifully for almost a year...then it start having a staticy reaction and stuff now. anyway, i need a new one.

i've been looking at this one. the Pioneer DEH-P7700MP...does anyone know if this is good? bad? and sites also say that this radio doesn't fit a 2002 protege lx, but that's what they said about a clarion that i bought, but it fit anyway.

if this isn't good...what head units would you suggest? i need something with mp3, and possibly blue display. any advice would be well appreciated. thanks guys!
    Brian
    2002 Mazda Protege LX Black Mica

Currently attending Lehigh University...Bethlehem, PA

Originally posted by BL_Protege
    hey guys my radio has been acting up..and it's time i buy a new one. i currently have a kenwood exceleon kdc-x659...worked beautifully for almost a year...then it start having a staticy reaction and stuff now. anyway, i need a new one.

i've been looking at this one. the Pioneer DEH-P7700MP...does anyone know if this is good? bad? and sites also say that this radio doesn't fit a 2002 protege lx, but that's what they said about a clarion that i bought, but it fit anyway.

if this isn't good...what head units would you suggest? i need something with mp3, and possibly blue display. any advice would be well appreciated. thanks guys!

crutchfield has the depths so jacked up. there aren't many that they say fit, but i've yet to hear of one that doesn't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
      crutchfield has the depths so jacked up. there aren't many that they say fit, but i've yet to hear of one that doesn't fit.

what are your thoughts on that pioneer?
      Brian

Comment

a lot of people like pioneer. i personally hate their user interface. if you've played with it and like it, get the unit. pioneer makes great decks, i just can't get used to them.

Comment

pioneer has not gotten any better with their user interfaces, the 770/7700 they're producing now incorporates a catchy design.. with a good deal of functionality for the price. i've demo'ed this unit a couple of times and i thought of it, just wasn't happy with the fact that the built in cross-overs and eq setup wasn't easily controllable. you're best off reading the instruction manual to learn how to use the deck and not let your friends touch it.
          kevin

Comment

thanks for the help guys...would you guys recommend any units?
            Brian

Comment

i recomend going to a store and playing around with as many units as you can. i like the alpine interface, but some don't. it's a matter of personal preference.

Comment

Working...
              X