MAF Tuning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAF Tuning.

Tonight I took the black cap off of my MAF and adjusted the tension on the spring. I only went one click clockwise to lean the mix a little. Does anyone know what I might be looking at for mix. I was hoping some where around 12 or 13, or is my car going to blow up? I really don't know what to expect, just had an idea.
    I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

im goin to sound like a bit of a smart ass here so im goin to apologize now. but i say this only because i ended up saying it to myself after i decided to fiddle with my car and spend 400 dollars to fix it.

so here goes. . .

what makes you think you know more than the engineers who designed your car?

that being said . . .
    leave the damn thing alone! it's just like advanced timing. Its an idea that sounds pretty reasonable and actually is to an extent, but why argue with the engineers?
    Tag Team

Comment

argue with the engineers because they designed it down tuned for the american yuppy or your (average driver) to optain reasonable gas mileage and resonable power still....

the engineering in these cars was "restricted" due to government laws and regulations.

DO some research and know what your doing first off and you won't wind up with a $400 mistake... anyhow $400 sounds like a new motor from ebay to me???

not to sound like an ass, Jprotege but you must of screwed your **** up big time. get some help next time.

Point being Its all in what your looking to obtain. but when you mess with it, do it as it should be done. use some Air/Fuel readings and your oxygen sensor(s) to note the differences.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
        argue with the engineers because they designed it down tuned for the american yuppy or your (average driver) to optain reasonable gas mileage and resonable power still....
        WORD
        James G.
        sobe83@yahoo.com
        AIM: DVS 323BPT
        MySpace
        Cardomain
        <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

figure, with what was said, these cars are also tuned to meet the strong government standards the federal and state governments set for vehicles.
          peace

Comment

yeah but i dont think just tinkering with the VAF will yeild very strong results. Ok so you leand out your mixture... why? why not find a way to get more air into your cylinder to combust the extra fuel.
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

On a first gen the stock maps were pretty good. Turboge didn't gain a whole lot more power when he halteched a stock car.

Anyways, this isn't a good idea.
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I don't think that I am more intellegent than our grand engineers at Mazda. I do, however think that Mazda de-tuned our cars for the average driver, and inherantly making them run rich. I don't fit that catagory. I tested stoichio a while back, before any mods were done. I don't remember the reading, just that it was rather rich through powerband. I just wanted to know what one notch on the spring wheel might equal out to. I just want it to be stable until I can test it again.
                I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

As far as getting more air into the cylinder, I'm kind of stuck. I port matched the head, intake, and exhaust manifold, and left it semi-rough on the intake side of head hoping for better a/f mix. I guess I could try the rx-7 vaf trick, but haven't got around to it. I buy the Prm intake which I think I could of made for a lot less than I payed. Also have Nology ignition, but can't tell if any gains are present. Untill I can get that cam made, better fuel mix i.e. combustion is all I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                    DO some research and know what your doing first off and you won't wind up with a $400 mistake... anyhow $400 sounds like a new motor from ebay to me???

not to sound like an ass, Jprotege but you must of screwed your **** up big time. get some help next time.

ya i definately didnt do any research and it really was a simple solution to a stupid thing i did, but because i didn't get info faste nough i ended up paying a mazda dealership to do it for me. hence the jacked up price.

oh btw Import, wut car u drive?
                    Tag Team

Comment

92 dx with slush box trans

Comment

Some thing is to adjust the car other is to **** it up!, the mazda Engeniers...the make car for the averge customer, thats why "We" put non restrictive exhaust systems, CAI, etc....remeber "pay the cost to be the boss" (Snoop Dogg)
                        94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

i read in a mag that the vaf is tuned on one car and all the rest is made with the same spec but each engine is not the same so if you play with it you can make little more power.
                          2012 Kia rio
                          2009 Nissan Frontier
                          1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Working...
                          X