Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simplistic Design Meets Practicality.. (56K Killer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simplistic Design Meets Practicality.. (56K Killer)

eh.. whatever that title meant. at any rate, 4 weeks after first inception, my sound system has been completed. all of the following is installed in my 2002 Chevrolet Impala:
    Eclipse CD8454
    OmniFi 20 GB MP3/WMA Hard-drive
    MB Quart PSD-216 6.25" Component Seperates
    Alpine SPS-690A 6x9 3-Way Rears
    Phoenix Gold Ti15d 15" Subwoofer in Ported 2.75 Cu.Ft. box (42hz??)
    Rockford Fosgate 551x 4 Channel (70x4) Amp
    Rockford Fosgate 501bd Mono-Block (500x1) Sup Amp
    60 Sq. Ft. of Dynamat in Trunk and Front Doors
    Knukonceptz 4 & 8 Gauge power wire
    Knukonceptz Power and Ground Distribution Blocks

needless to say, i still need to fully tweak my stereo to my liking.. and the eclipse head unit is probably the most difficult head unit i've had to operate. irreguardless, the clarity and the quality are unlike any i've ever experienced. following are 8 pictures i've taken today. forgive the clarity, as HP photosmart cameras aren't the best of quality.
    Kevin
    Attached Files

additionally, as you notice, all windows have recieved 35% tint. not exactly noticeable to the police or enough to tick them off, and not dark enough to hamper my vision at night.
    kevin

Comment

Nice clean install. I very much like the tint, I don't like dark tint, 35% is what I'd do Nice job
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

very nice.

looks really clean.

now post picturs of how it sounds.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

looks good man got any pics of how they head unit look from alittle further back????
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

well.. the camera DOES have a voice recorder, however, it sounds no better than 64Kbps bit streamed audio. i DO, however, have a video of the vibrations the sub causes at full excursion.. literally the rear view mirror drooping down like 2 to 3 inches.. to the point where you'd think a midget was driving the car since last you re-adjusted the mirror. if someone can host a 3.5 meg video.. i'd be glad to post it. you can hear the sub blurpping in the background. as far as head unit pics.. i'll take some later tonight and see if that helps. it's very simplistic in design.. but awesome as far as quality. i just wish i had spent cash on better amps in the past.. but oh well.. tis the best money can buy for right now.
            kevin

Comment

awesome.... I was just messing with ya dood.... For sound quality, you really need to hear it in person to appreciate it best.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

actually..i finally got my comcast account working again.. here you go.. you may actually be able to download this file.. test it.. tell me if it works or not.
                http://home.comcast.net/~demoninvictus/IM000243.MPG
                kevin

Comment

lol yeah it works.
                  .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!
                  dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                  http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

well.. needless to say, i'll upload more pictures of the setup once i figure out what i'm doing with the omnifi.. despite wiring it correctly in my car.. i've treid re-recording cd's, copying old mp3's onto the drive.. no matter how i copy mp3's onto the omnifi.. this unit still sounds like crap. it's not like you'd expect.. signal noise.. static.. it sounds like the mp3 streams are turned up too loud. i may just have to reset my plans for the source end of my sound system. will keep you all posted.

kevin

Comment

Are you doing comps or something? Why is the box tuned so high?
                      1994 DX SOHC Auto (Tropical Emerald Metallic)
                      Panasonic CQ-C8400 HU
                      eDi 6500 Components
                      Arc Audio KAR 200.2
                      Elemental Designs NINe.1 Amp (1000W@2 ohm)
                      eD 16ov2 IB
                      eDead
                      Autopage Security System + Power locks!!(KEYLESS ENTRY!)
                      cardomain

Comment

thats a legitamit guess at best really.. i had size constraints i wanted for this sub box and brian was able to meet them.. however it meant for very little cubic footage for the sub itself. i'd have to remeasure the box and re-enter the subwoofer specs into winisd to figure out where she's tuned. i know the sound is ultimately tuned higher than 40hz because all of the cycle sweeps i've done on the subwoofer in the past have yielded a sharp, noticeable roll off once you hit 40hz. my next step is to invert the sub if i care to do so.. but for the time being, i'm more concerned with paying off the system than worrying about building a new box/getting more gear.
                        kevin

Comment

sweet.

hey, sorry it took so long for a response. i've been in panama (the country) for the past 2 1/2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                          X