Painted My Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted My Wheels

Just thought I'd post this here, I painted my rims on wednesday at my friends house and they came out pretty good I think, I'm happy with the color, just not with the masking job I did ( I did more than just those few lines of masking tape)
    Once i put on some tire shine, it looked 3x better too, then today in school i polished it, even with my crappy paint, it looked even better. Also, there arent any centercaps because the paint started to lift off of them, so now im filling stripping the paint off completely and contemplating wether to just paint them or fill in the mazda logo.
    I was just touching up in that first pic we made a cardboard cutout we put over the tire that was a bit bigger than the rim itself, hence the need for the tape. I'm getting new tires before I go to school too, so I'll just paint the rim with no tire again in a few months.
    It all made me realize how much i need to keep saving for new struts and lowering springs...but all in time, right? i'm gonna post the pics i have of my car in the photo forums now too, so check that out too.

Last edited by JZProwler; 04-14-2005, 09:23 PM.

Mods:
    JDM Headlights + Corners
    JDM Tailights
    1st Gen LX Black Wheels
    Shaved Side Mouldings
    Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
    Cone Filter
    KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
    E-Bay front strut bar
    Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
    40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
    and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

HOLY ****! you need to lower it, lol looks like a monster truck, lol but the paint looks good.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

looks real good man

and damn yours is high i thought mine looked like a truck, lol its pretty sad when i park next to my friends cars and you look down the row of our cars you see everyones roof and then you see my doors lol

Comment

I do have to say, that it does look unusually high in that pic, it isnt normally that high, But still, too high. I know what you mean though, i got out of work one day and there was an S-10 that was lower than me...made me realize just how high it really is

Mods:
        JDM Headlights + Corners
        JDM Tailights
        1st Gen LX Black Wheels
        Shaved Side Mouldings
        Cone Filter
        E-Bay front strut bar

Comment

yeh i hate how most 2nd gens look really high

btw what color is your car? is it the Blue Micah? my car looks identical to yours but on my title it says mine is green but the green colors that came on the 2nd gens look nothign like my car my car looks blue

Comment

paint looks nice. yup. that's high! in the PI, we call that rally spec. lol
            ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

My car looks the same colour as your guys's. It's colour is "Emerald Pearl Mica"

Comment

holy **** haha nice car!!! haha

i need to repaint mine has alot of scratches and dents ehre in there, love the color so i want to paint it the stock color

Comment

nice job on the wheels.....now drop that car lol
                  1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

those rims are for the LX 1st gen right? i loved how those 17" enkei looked on your pro in the other thread you made. PM me if you need those JDM taillights.
                    Last edited by beetle_orange; 04-15-2005, 12:57 AM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                    Mods:
                    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Yup, first gen LX wheels. I needed to replace my, umm, bent, steelies two winters ago after having too much fun. oh well, i like these anyway. Those Enkei's might actually end up on my car by the end of the year. My friend is selling his jetta that those go on, and if he sells lower than he wanted, he's keeping alot of the extras, and he said i can get those from him for dirt cheap, just need to buy two tires.

Mods:
                      JDM Headlights + Corners
                      JDM Tailights
                      1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                      Shaved Side Mouldings
                      Cone Filter
                      E-Bay front strut bar

Comment

Why would you paint wheel with balancing weights on? You do know that next time you balance those tires, there is a good chance the weights will be in different spot, and you will the original wheel exposed and stick out like a sore thumb. As far as over all looks go, it looks good on the car. You just need to lower it, that all.
                        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I'm well aware of that, which is why i said i was going to repaint them when i get new tires, i'll take the tires off and paint the bare rim. I just didnt want to chance putting the weights back on in a different spot, its just balanced and vibrations gone, i dont want to get them back

Mods:
                          JDM Headlights + Corners
                          JDM Tailights
                          1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                          Shaved Side Mouldings
                          Cone Filter
                          E-Bay front strut bar

Comment

you should be set with those 17" eneki rims, JDM taillights, and then lower it a bit.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                            Mods:
                            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

i hope to god its on jack stands in that pic....hahahahah
                              '91 Protege LX
                              BP rockin 178,XXX
                              *plans:
                              new BP, pacesetter header/ new exaust, then some body work to clean it all up....hopefuly boost sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                              X