Rim manufacturer recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rim manufacturer recommendation?

I'm in the market for a new set of wheels. I would love to get a forged wheel or spun wheel, but I think they are a little out of my budget (any out there for $300 or less a piece?)

So, I'm looking for a high end cast tire. I'm looking for a high quality strong wheel. I don't want to sacrafice weight for strength though. I want something that is going to last.

Any suggestion on what manufactures to look at or which ones to avoid? I've done a lot of research on how wheels are made, now I just need some recommendation on who to buy from. Not looking to spend more then $300 a piece.

what size wheel?

Comment

Check out: www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97545

His prices seem quite good although I don't know if you'll get a forged wheel for $300. For example, he lists 5Zigen FNO1R in 15" size for $323/ wheel.

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

It's for my Mazda3s. Stock wheels are 17x6.5 bolt pattern 5x114.3. I have two damaged wheels and tires from potholes, and the dealer wants $700 a piece to replace them. BS. So I'm looking to go aftermarket. And I obviously want to get better wheels then the stock ones.

I wouldn't mind SSR or Rays Engineering, but forged wheels are just a bit out of my price range. I'm looking for something that comes close to the forged strength but at the cost of cast. And i'm not too familiar with all the manufactures.

Comment

What about superleggera's? Check tire rack, but IIRC they're under $300/ea and something like 12 lbs (but I don't remember what size that was), either way, they're lightweight.

Comment

BBS rims are supposed to be made to high quility/durability standards.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
            X