Audio problems! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio problems! Help!

Heres the history. A few months ago my P5 was in a wreck, front end collision. When I got it back, the HU (stock) wouldn't make any noise. I mean, the cd would spin up and LOOK like it was playing (same with the radio), but no sound was coming out of the speakers. Still under warrantee and the dealership said the HU went bad. While waiting for the new HU to come in, the old one started working again. I then decided to upgrade to a new HU (Pioneer) so I could use my harddrive MP3 player. Once installed it worked fine and sound was coming from the speakers. All was well for about a month when one day I started the car, the HU powered up, and from the speakers comes a farting noise and then nothing. No amount of fiddling, banging or restarting did anything but fart. Took out the Pioneer and put in the new stock HU and it worked. Put the Pioneer back in and it worked. It worked for about two weeks and then yesterday the sound cut out with no fart. I banged on the passenger side front door and it CAME BACK ON. Then later it went fart and hasn't put forth music since. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG HERE? What wiring setup in our cars can short out ALL of the speakers at once? HELP! Thanks and sorry for the rambling.
    I make things...
    Nice things.
    www.twobushdesigns.com

there's probably a loose speaker wire. when a speaker wire grounds out, most HU's shut off all speaker outputs to protect itself. if you banged on the passenger front door, take that one apart and check the wires.

Comment

The stock HU probably doesn't have the protection circuit built in so that's why it would keep working even when the Pioneer didn't.

Comment

Working...
      X