Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it posible for rotors to warp from improper storage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it posible for rotors to warp from improper storage??

Just like the title says, is it possible for rotors to warp from storing them improperly? I had to replace mine last week because the old ones were ****ed, and they had almost 100,000 km on them, and couldn't be machined But the pedal is still pulsing, though not nearly as bad as before. I don't think it would be because the pads got ****ed from the old rotors because I'd think that a week would be long enough for them to be worn evenly again. I've had tje new rotors sitting in the bottom of my tool box for like 3 and a half years or so now. They aren't the ****ty made in china bargain ones either, when I bought them I opted for the premium ones rather than the cheap assed ****.
    Heres how they were stored:-
    Attached Files
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

no its not possible..

try taking them off and sanding the mating areas where the rotor comes in contact with the car, make sure thats smooth and level... also make sure the pads are not improperly worn

and lastly, ensure that its not your rear rotors causing the pulsation... rears are albe to make your pedal pulsate just as the fronts

Comment

you'll know its a front rotor problem because the steering wheel will feel unsteady when the pedal vibrates

or under worse conditions, the steering wheel will vibrate as well when you push the brake pedal

Comment

No I've tried the parking brake trick and the lever doesn't pulse. The pads are only unevenly worn in the sense that the old sliders I had were sticky and so sometimes just the inboard pad would really do any braking work. So one pad was more worn than the other. Oh well, come June I'll be looking to pick another set of KVRs to have on hand when these ones bite the dust.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
        X