My first AutoX Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first AutoX Too

took a few tries but i got it down. i did really well and i actualy started to be able to do the whole course with one hand

althought one thing that made me mad... rain. My roommates girlfriend doesn't like me becuase i can see right through her and my roommate can't. My roommate took her 2000 toyota corolla and raced that becuase his turbo civic wouldn't do too well becuase of traction issuses. Anyways. i was pretty confindant that i could beat it becuase it's stock and i have... a protege.. ofcourse. there awesome, i can out handle that pos anyday of the week.

ok with the story. i did my run and it poured down rain like no other. i did well anyways i thought. The protege slid around a bit but i made alll the corners without taking any cones out. the Corolla goes out an hour later. the sun is gone and the ground is dry and goes out and beats my time by .2 seconds. i can just see the grin on her face. I hated it.

i went to go view the times and these two guys were talking about our times and they both said that the corolla did better becuase it was stock and my car was classified FSP and it beat me. Did i miss something or is racing in the rain with large puddles (lakes) everywhere and slid around not matter?

on an addition note. i love the 1.6 and it's tall gears and it's ability to take a beating without a complaint. just wish it made a bit mroe power
    Last edited by .Zero; 04-16-2005, 07:18 PM.
    sigpic
    1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
    1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
    2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

congrats on teh runs.

challenger her on a day when the playing field is even and see how ya do.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I Suppose second place isn't bad. at least my roomate (the one that was driving) understood that he prolly would have made it first place if it were dry or wet the entire time.

i'm looking forward to the next time. i just realize that my car can handle well enough. i just need to get a bit more power out of it to balance the car out.
      sigpic

Comment

awesome.... what do they allow as far as power mods before you have to move up a class and get raped?

Comment

well i'm not sure but i think it's pretty much the basics. exhuast, intake headers and what not. When i told them about my mods (very few) just the springs alone put me in the "prepare to get raped" class. They looked in the "Offical SCCA guidelines" book to class me.

I noticed that i was second to last in the times. then i told them it was my first time so they put in my the novis (how ever you spell it) class. So i realized i would have to change something before i go back or i'm going to get raped pretty bad.

oh yeah there was this dude with a red Porsche GT3, obviously this dude bought the care thinking it would make up for his crappy driving skills becuase he nailed cones left and right and i finally went up to look at it and those cone did quite a bit of paint damage to that thing and he kinda just shruged it off.

Last edited by .Zero; 04-18-2005, 05:33 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

wow what a tool. You should have taken his car from him and beat him with a cone.

Comment

nah this dude had like 60 years on me. I would have broken him in half. He even had full race suit with gloves and everything.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Zero
                nah this dude had like 60 years on me. I would have broken him in half. He even had full race suit with gloves and everything.
                so he was a tool going thru mid life crisis with too much money.

so whens your next competition?

Comment

I think it's some time next month. i'll look at the schedule to see. but i'm running into this problem where my car is starting to smoke out the exhuast so i'm worried. I just posted about so i'm hoping some one help me out.

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...113#post195113
                  sigpic

Comment

looks like they got it covered in there.

good luck on getting her running right!

Comment

Working...
                    X