LA Autox Results 4-17-05 ----- Vette's aren't THAT fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA Autox Results 4-17-05 ----- Vette's aren't THAT fast

Well, here are the latest results (yesterday) from the autox...the course was sooooooooo fast. Hit the revlimiter 3 times in 3 different spots. On the CRX thats close to 70/75mph.

The course was designed by a Vette driver, so i thought i was gonna be toast...there were 3 pretty long(ish) straights and some pretty easy gates. Tricky stuff was reduced radius apex's and pinch off's.

Anyway, with NO course walk, i get there about 20 mins before i run. Watch as best i could how the course went, then strapped in and hit the line. My first run was just a test, see how the course really went and where the fast/slow spots are....mmmm not too many slow spots, infact, there were only 2...and one of them was the FINISH!

So, i did pretty good, i slacked on my 2nd run, grabbing a cone, but went all out on my 3rd run...i teetered 2 cones, but they stayed in thier boxes but i did screw up 2 of the pinch off's having to slow up bit, but still had a fast run.

Look at 3rd, 4th and 5th place....only a hair seperates us, you can't blink that fast (takes .3 to blink)...so ya, Vette's aren't THAT fast even on a Vette course....MUHWAHHAHAAHHAA watch out....this little speck of a car is gonna beat ya one of these days now!!!
    Attached Files

Oooh, it's pretty cool somebody brought out a 71 Stingray! I wonder how much work it has done to the suspension.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Nice runs! I was a bit shocked until I saw that the crx has a b16... That certainly helps
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

man... i was so pissed i coldnt go. didnt have the $ for it.
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

damn nice darryl.... hella close with that Z.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

lol...ya the little B16 throws down about 165whp

The Stingray probably has alot done to it. Dude has a matching closed trailer to haul it in...

Comment

nice... bitch slapped a vette with the tiny X. Good driving dood.

Comment

lol...but when the CRX gets it's susp. setup dialed in, it will start bitch slappin them new vettes too

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                  lol...but when the CRX gets it's susp. setup dialed in, it will start bitch slappin them new vettes too
                  its not already?

damn dood. you must be slackin.

Comment

It's not a Protege....i'm not a Honda suspension expert...geezz...lol

Comment

bah excuses..... you've already had a few runs with that car and still not tuned, hang your head in shame.

Comment

lots of pics posted from this event

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...839#post197839

Comment

Working...
                        X