Jacking Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacking Locations

Very soon I am going to put my new Winter Tires on my 2003 Protege5 and was wondering where the best place to put the floor jack to raise the front of the car . I know where to put it to raise the rear. I want to find out for sure so I do not do any damage to the underneath of the car . I saw the picture in the shop manual but the picture is not very good and I am still confused.
    Hope you people can help me out and if anyone has taken a good picture of where to put the floor jack it sure would be helpful.
    Thanks for your help..........Dan

click here

right there...
    right behind the A- arms under the frame..
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

dude i cant get my jack under my car, i have to drive one wheel onto a like a big ass block of wood just to get the clearance
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
        dude i cant get my jack under my car, i have to drive one wheel onto a like a big ass block of wood just to get the clearance
        yeah that's because you have a 3rd gen
        hahaha
        just kiddling

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

lol you almost didn't have a second gen when you almost wrecked out on the way home from kent.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

oooh, low blow on the second gens handling ability....but I also have problems getting the jack under my car. But once I get it set up underneath it ain't no problem...
            2000 DX, Blue
            Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
            2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

I don't have any problems getting the jack under mine...and I bought a 3 ton A/C delco jack.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I can't even begin to get one under my car without it being a huge pain in the ass. It gets tough trying to get a jack under a 6" clearance.

Comment

lol you almost didn't have a second gen when you almost wrecked out on the way home from kent.
                  yeah!! maybe so... but tell me how do my tailights and muffler look from 5 carlengths back .????

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

If u only need the clearence to take off the tire lift the front end by the tow links. They are right up front so u dont have to get the jack very far under the car. I usually lift my car from there and have never had a problem. Added bonus is that u really dont need to wry about bending ur floorboard.
                    Eric Johnson
                    Intense Performance
                    Mazda Club of South Florida
                    http://www.ipmcsfl.com
                    Former President/Webmaster
                    Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
                    - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
                    - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
                    - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
                    - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
                    Current project: None...

Comment

Working...
                    X