5-speed Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5-speed Console

For those of you that know how to use your left foot...Is there something that fills the pop outs in the middle console? The little rectangular pop outs that are on either side of the parking brake. I'm not sure if the autos have it too since I haven't been inside one to check things out. I've got a 97 is that changes anything. I'm looking for a place to put a couple switches and was wondering if there were stock/custom ones that would fit into those holes.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Ok... Mine has the same two rectangles on either side of the e-brake. Now to take the console out you have to slide the seat all the way up. and there should be a bolt on either side near the back othe console. Then you have to go to the front and unclip it from the fron down by your feet!!!! Thas it... everything else should pop out..!!!!! Once thats off there are some connectors that have nothing connected in my car. I don't know what they are for...so if you find out let me know aight...later!!!!
    DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

I know how to take off the console and I know that they just pop out once I can get to them. My question is...are there stock switches that go into those spaces? An on-off switch that will just pop in there.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

as far as I know there isn't. I know mine has some connectors underneath them but I don't know what connects there. Hey I might go to the Dealer and ask them..and see what they say... oh...do you have a sun roof??? Maybe thats what went there...??? Just a guess...
        DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

The sunroof is up around the map lights near the rear view mirror. I guess either the dealer or a junk yard. Or the dealer first to make sure the junkyard has what I'm askin them for.

Comment

well why not do this. If you have cruise control why not get another switch like that and see if that will fit in that spot down there??? If it fits... Tell me this what where you going to pu down there anyhow... Thats the only thing that I can think of????
            DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

I just have a basic on/off toggle switch (like the Ignited ones)...it used to be an on off for my DRLs...but now, itll be used to turn on my non-existent under-car neons...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
              Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Well that what I would put there..another switch for something... Sometimes I wonder why they put stuff were they do..cause it sometime has no purpose.
                DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

They do have purpose...just not in the USDM cars...in Japan, they have switches but i cant remeber what i was told they were for...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                  1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                  Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

k dawg...is this a mazda switch or just a universal pick it up at wal-mart/auto zone switch? You have any pics?
                    That is what I was gonna use but I saw that there were cut outs there and I wasn't sure if there was a stock switch that would look nice and stock there.
                    Nah, I'm not gonna put a cruise switch there but I bet it'll fit.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
                      k dawg...is this a mazda switch or just a universal pick it up at wal-mart/auto zone switch? You have any pics?
                      That is what I was gonna use but I saw that there were cut outs there and I wasn't sure if there was a stock switch that would look nice and stock there.
                      Nah, I'm not gonna put a cruise switch there but I bet it'll fit.
                      yup, just a regular old, silver stick-style shift...you could get em with an LED on the top too!
                      Sorry no pics

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Working...
                      X