McCorkle vs. 05 G35 Coupe 6spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCorkle vs. 05 G35 Coupe 6spd

Raced my friend's Infiniti earlier today. We went from a 25mph roll in 2nd gear to 90mph. We both got very clean runs in and it boiled down to the cars instead of driver skill for once. We were dead even until 3rd gear where I pulled half a car and never gave any more ground up.

We were both suprised that the MP3 won since the 05 coupes have near 300hp, I think weight was the biggest issue today. Before this we tried to race from a dig but traffic was an issue, but still the MP3 hung right there with him in 1st gear. Now if I can just get a LSD I'll be in business.

I was running only 8psi today with spikes to 9psi.

My friend also has a G35 coupe... they arent all that fast. I beat it with my TII and i was riding shotgun when he got spanked by a mildly modified tiburon V6.

Comment

Eh, 300hp and 260tq seems pretty fast to me.

Comment

you dont get a g35 to go fast, you get a g35 to look classy and have some balls
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

good kill greg, get a video now
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Have you dynoed your car? #s? I thought you'd have walked it, they're probably +500 lbs.
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

I dynoed last summer at 203whp at 9psi. I was only running 8psi today, it's hits 9psi in 4th for some odd reason. Once I install my new fuel pump I am going to run about 10psi daily and then have it dynoed once again.

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                Before this we tried to race from a dig but traffic was an issue, but still the MP3 hung right there with him in 1st gear. Now if I can just get a LSD I'll be in business.
                Seems like driver skill would play a part in this, because he *should* have an advantage with RWD.

Comment

it was probably the weight that killed him, 35's aren't exactly light. they are relatively quick factory though, saw some wicked forced induction kits in the stillen catalog for them . . .

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                    I definately agree with that. He let me drive it after we were done and the difference (as expected) was night and day between how my car feels. The only thing I disliked about it was that the ride was so smooth and somewhat quiet that you don't get that sense of speed like you do in the Protege.

I need to steal his brakes when he isn't looking. The 12.6" (or somewhere close) rotors stopped that car immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                      Amen to that.
                      That's why I'm getting one.

Oh, and Greg, kudos to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                        Amen to that.
                        That's why I'm getting one.

Oh, and Greg, kudos to you.
                        i would rather get a GTO. you can get an 04 for ~23
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Well, actually I'm having a dilemma. I like the new Audi A4 a lot, and it's a draw between the A4 and the G35. I'd rather stay away from Pontiac.

Comment

I'd take the Audi. I prefer having four doors and the Audi sedan is a little smaller and more agile than the G35 sedan.

Comment

*cough cough STi cough cough*

Comment

Working...
                              X