what tires for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what tires for me

the following is the list of avalible tires that i can get with my rims. im looking to get at least 1year worth of driving out of them but still have good traction. life comes first tho...the rims are 16X7

Falken AZENIS tires:
    205-55-16
    215-45-16

Falken ZE-512 tires:
    205-50-16
    205-40-16
    205-45-16

Visa (private label dist. by Falken) tires:
    205-40-16
    205-50-16

Kumho 712 tires:
    205-40-16
    205-50-16
    205-45-16
    215-40-16
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

I'm a big fan of the ZE-512's for all seasons. Wet traction is surprisingly good, dry traction is excellent. Extremely good prices, too. www.vulcantire.com is where I got mine, it was cheaper than tire rack, but I think tire rack brought their prices down.

Comment

Can't beat 712s for the price. Don't even consider Azenis... they last like a month.

Comment

thanx for the input guys...a few people around town told me to get the kumho 205-40-16... what do yoyu guys think of thos tires?

More Information

Comment

speedo corrections aside, I would never be caught running a 40 series tire.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
            speedo corrections aside, I would never be caught running a 40 series tire.
            what do you meen by spedo correction? and why would you never use a 40 series tire?....remember i dont know much of anything about tires....

More Information

Comment

i run kumhos on my car and love them.
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
                what do you meen by spedo correction? and why would you never use a 40 series tire?....remember i dont know much of anything about tires....
                because your ride quality will be shot to ****, and the speedo won't be right.

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
                  In order for your speedo to maintain reasonable accuracy, the diameter of the new wheel/tire combination should be ~ equal to the stock wheel/tire combination. For example:
                  OEM: 195/55-15 = 23.4" diameter
                  New: 205/45-16 = 23.3" diameter (speedo .8% too fast)
                  New: 215/40-17 = 23.8" diameter (speedo 1.4% too slow)
                  Above figures taken from the Miata Tire Calc. Note that these errors are negligible because the overall diameters are similar.

As the aspect ratio of a tire decreases, the sidewall height becomes a smaller % of the tread width. This is desirable for improved handling but causes a harsher, less comfotable ride. That's why many people, including myself, would not use a 40 series tire, especially on a daily driver.

To check this out for yourself, go to:

Happy Motoring!
                  Last edited by goldstar; 04-22-2005, 10:29 PM.
                  02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                  MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                  MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                  Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                  MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                  Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                  Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                  Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                  Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                  Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                  Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                  Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                  Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

yoko es100s :p:
                    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
                      In order for your speedo to maintain reasonable accuracy, the diameter of the new wheel/tire combination should be ~ equal to the stock wheel/tire combination. For example:
                      OEM: 195/55-15 = 23.4" diameter
                      New: 205/45-16 = 23.3" diameter (speedo .8% too fast)
                      New: 215/40-17 = 23.8" diameter (speedo 1.4% too slow)
                      Above figures taken from the Miata Tire Calc. Note that these errors are negligible because the overall diameters are similar.

As the aspect ratio of a tire decreases, the sidewall height becomes a smaller % of the tread width. This is desirable for improved handling but causes a harsher, less comfotable ride. That's why many people, including myself, would not use a 40 series tire, especially on a daily driver.

To check this out for yourself, go to:

Happy Motoring!
                      thanx for that info!
                      i couldnt find a tire for the 16 inch rim that gave the same circumfrance....did i just over look something? do you know of 1 that will be the same or very close?