Important: Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important: Help

Have a problem here guys. I put the eibach's and hp's on this weekend. The shop that is doing the alignment right now called and said that one of my rear end links broke at the connection to the rear sway bar. He said that I need either a different sway bar or some sort of different end link. Says that there is inference and they are popping off of the sway bar. HELP!!!!
    Patrick
    SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

Did the shop break it or was it broken already? If it's their fault, they'd better be calling you with the location of your rental car and the date when the new part comes in.

Comment

Well I had heard some clunking in the rear. Well that was it. He said that on left turns there is probably interference and that is what probably did it.
      Patrick

Comment

I know how to get them off of the stock strut. I did that. This is at the alignment shop. They noticed that the rear left end link is separated at the joint to the sway bar. He said that there is interference between the end link and the lateral bar to the hub. Everytime a bump is hit, the two hit each other and the only thing to give is the joint. I noise I hear from the rear must be do to the lack of a dynamic force from the endlink on the strut. He also found my front left endlink off at the joint. Long story short, he said that the front endlink is too short and the rear is too long. Solution.....AWR adjustible endlinks?
        Patrick

Comment

ah, no. The springs match up to the upper mounts. The struts can only fit one size of spring. The tab on the strut will only work on the correct side to match with the sway bar mount. That is not an solution. Well after getting back under there I measured from center to center along each end link. I measured 6.5" on the rear and 10.5" on the front. Upon investigating, the rear end link is too small and contacts the sway bar . Therefore if the end link is shorter, turn the sway bar up and hopefully no contact with normal suspension travel. As for the front one, it separated at the strut tab joint. Reason for this i believe is that the front end link is too short. After all of this I have reason to believe that the tabs on the tokico hp's are not in the proper location. They may be off a little from the stock mounting tabs. So it is probably going to come down to getting some adjustable end links and compensate for the changes in lengths. Just have to work with those stock heim joints that come with them and remove the slop "rattle" that others have gotten from them. So let the development begin....
          Patrick

Comment

Working...
          X