Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the missing lugnuts...

hm got a problem...
    i have put rubber on my fondmetal/radius r2 17x7 4/100 rims but i'm missing the corresponding wheel/lug nuts...i can't use the oem ones i got on my 15s...

my mazda dealer ordered them but has no clue when they could come (not in stock with mazda belgium)...

what could i do now???
    Girls on Proteges

Any tuner M12 x 1.5 lug nut will fit your wheels. It doesn't have to be Mazdas.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

mhm, the chief mech said normal lug nuts wouldnt fit since they were too large for the holes/openings...
      it's for those RIMS .....
      Girls on Proteges

Comment

The chief mechanic is correct as the normal lug nuts won't fit. Tuner lug nuts are designed for alloy wheels and have narrower bodies that can fit in the mounting holes of aftermarket alloy wheels. Examples here include Muteki, McGard and Gorilla, among others. If you go on line, you should be able to find many sources. They are available here from wheel stores or by mailorder from various places. Just look for the M12 x 1.5 size.

BTW, those are nice wheels. They look really good.
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

k, that's a statement..i was wondering because for my 15s i already bought a set of aftermarket nuts (thought they would fit all other rims then :\)...
          but ok, i will wait a few more days for mazda to come up with those nuts and then i will look for some on my my own...thx for th einfo

btw. the rims are mazda accessory..nice,but heavy as crap (10,5kg per rim+ wheelweight)..just bought some 205/40r17 reinforced rims for them, so hopefully i will enjoy them for a long time and not bend them at the first larger hole in the street 8)
          Girls on Proteges

Comment

I got some Tuner Lugs from www.jcwhitney.com. They are very narrow so they will fit in the holes.
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

i already looked around a bit..there are many brands... which one should i go to ? are there any issues?
              Girls on Proteges

Comment

I have these: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...D:100000184834
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

i had some that i got on ebay, and they started to rust a little bit around the edges where they were scratched form the key. also one siezed to a lug and broke the it off and I had to replace it(this was on my accord not protege)... So get high quality, name brand nuts!

Comment

negatiz,thx for the link...i'm just trying to figure out if there are any differences in quality or if there are any issues with those small diameter thingies...

honestly, i'm not really fond of the idea, to put some small non-standard lugs on my wheels.. sure,it won't work any other way but i find it a little suspicious that the wheels don't work with standard lugs.. small diameter=smaller area to hold against the forces of the wheels to go to the outside, right ?
                    Last edited by TStarGermany; 04-28-2005, 12:06 AM.
                    Girls on Proteges

Comment

Working...
                    X